Everton 3-1 Manchester United. Saturday 20th February @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't get my arms down - saw the game with my friend who is a Man Utd supporter and boy did I have a sweet time :D.

Kudos to Moyes for keeping the attacking midfield in place that has served us so well in 2010. Surely he most now know the balance and skill that Donovan brings to our team.

While Rodwell and Gosling will get the headlines, it really was our midfield that shone - special mention to Osman who ran the show and had such a close control of the ball that he looked like Messi at times. My Man-of-the-Match.

I wonder how many besides us EFC fans that will realise that this was not just Rooney having a day off, but Heitinga marking him out of the game. He really is a class defender and the future partnership with Jagielka is so promising that it is unbelievable ;).

While there is no doubt that right back is our weak spot and that we could get a better right back that Neville, he brings so much more to the team than what is seen on the pitch. A true leader and a captain if there ever was one! Imagine the fun evening he must have lollollol.

I'M JUST SO FCUKING PROUD OF THE BOYS ;););)

It's how it went down mate. I nearly jumped on the girl behind us, but she's fairly equipped and I wouldn't want to offend, so I jumped over some chairs, went west and managed to hang over the hoardings as the love in was going on.

I seen you gripping your ipod as you darted for it, in your clammy little wool hands, you were after a threes up werent you?

admires*

I seen you gripping your ipod as you darted for it, in your clammy little wool hands, you were after a threes up werent you?

admires*

Well I had my phone in my hand ready to set the stopwatch for the injury time (stupid scoreboard at Everton goes off), and I only just managed to secure it in my pocket before I went arse over tit.

You might get to keep Donovan past the 10 weeks if MLS and the Players Union fail to reach an agreement in their contract negotiations.

"And with word breaking late Friday that talks have stalled between MLS and its player's union toward a new CBS, perhaps there's an increasing chance Donovan extends his stay on Merseyside beyond the initial 10 weeks."

You might get to keep Donovan past the 10 weeks if MLS and the Players Union fail to reach an agreement in their contract negotiations.

"And with word breaking late Friday that talks have stalled between MLS and its player's union toward a new CBS, perhaps there's an increasing chance Donovan extends his stay on Merseyside beyond the initial 10 weeks."
God I hope you're right - he has none of the respect that some of our other players show to the Sky 4 teams and it just shows this is the correct approach. I wonder how fast he runs 100 m.:D

That would be best piece of news, if Moyes keep using Neville in RB, then the only way to strengthen our attacking strength on the right is by using Donovan.

But to me rather than taking chances like this, I would rather us finding some money from somewhere and sign Donovan permanently, he is the type of player we would be looking to sign in the summer, so we might as well keep him here, he is just what we need at the moment!

Chiming in late here, but brilliant stuff today! United could not get into their rhythm, playing 5 in the mid really stifled them, I thought. Lots of wing play on both sides. Tough to call a MotM, as a few deserve it. I'm torn between Osman and Heitinga. Osman worked his socks off, but Heitinga absolutely shut Rooney down.

I thought Distin had an overall great game, though he couldn't get a boot on Valencia's cross to Berba for the first, he made up for it with the sweet tackle on Obertan (I think) in the 2nd half.

Bily hit a beaut of a shot, but drifted in and out of the game, Arteta is so composed on the ball and puts such perfect weight on his passes. It's too bad he can't seem to last a full 90. I really liked how Landon and Bainsey worked together on the left. They were a much better fit than Landon and Nev have been so far. Pienaar seemed to be where ever he needed to be and had a great run off of Donovan and pass to Gosling for the 2nd.

Great result, great team effort. Great team!

Will you imagine I was the female blond Nazi officer off Allo, Allo with the braided bun?

I'm guessing your second favourite pin up of all time, after Eva Braun?

There's not a man in this room who didn't wish they were Herr Flick, and that's a fact. I'll even capitalise it to rubber stamp that fact.

FACT

Although she does look a little ropey now like.

Status
Not open for further replies.