Everton 2015 AGM - EFC Shareholders Association's 41 questions submitted for the Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god the AGM. The night where people who have no idea how a football club works but come out with how things 'should be run'.

I don't know crap about how all the insides work. I know John Stones is boss.
Yes mate, like the 90% of the board thread but with a bit more civility.

Plan : find someone to give us some money to build a stadium.

Financial proposal : can we borry some money please Joe?
The council does not have the money to lend, or so we're told on the radio by Evertonian Joe Anderson, seemingly weekly.

Consider how many 50,000 seater stadium have been built in the last 15 years and the answer is one

Say what? Emirates, Etihad isnt miles off 50000 now, Olympic/West Ham, Wembley, Millenium Stadium. Off the top of my head.

Oh, Spurs currently building one.

Be fair that's two gifted stadiums and two national stadiums Roy.

Consider how many 50,000 seater stadium have been built in the last 15 years and the answer is one

Say what? Emirates, Etihad isnt miles off 50000 now, Olympic/West Ham, Wembley, Millenium Stadium. Off the top of my head.

Oh, Spurs currently building one.

Emirates - partly financed by sale of land on prime site near central London. In planning at least 15 years ago.
Etihad - built for the Commonwealth games almost 15 years ago
Olympic stadium - built for the Olympics.
Wembley - financed by putting the entire English F.A. in hock for twenty years. On a site they already owned.
Millenium Stadium - multi-sports stadium built more than 15 years ago
Spurs - redeveloping after two decades of haggling. And redevelopment hasn't started yet.

As a stick to beat the board with, this is barely a damp twig.

How about picking up the phone?

Never good to do things like that publicly IMO.

Just makes him look even less cooperative.
Disagree. The man's a politician, if an organization with the local pull of a sports team is trying to publicly bully you, you must defend yourself publicly.

I.E. He cannot allow the club to appear to be the one's hard done by without damaging his own career. And let's be fair, if a phone call would do the trick, this wouldn't have gotten this far. I certainly wouldn't allow myself to be scapegoated by the club if I were an elected official (even if it were my fault, to be fair to all possibilities).

It became public when Elstone said the club were ready publically.

Be fair that's two gifted stadiums and two national stadiums Roy.

Emirates - partly financed by sale of land on prime site near central London. In planning at least 15 years ago.
Etihad - built for the Commonwealth games almost 15 years ago
Olympic stadium - built for the Olympics.
Wembley - financed by putting the entire English F.A. in hock for twenty years. On a site they already owned.
Millenium Stadium - multi-sports stadium built more than 15 years ago
Spurs - redeveloping after two decades of haggling. And redevelopment hasn't started yet.

As a stick to beat the board with, this is barely a damp twig.

Wasnt beating anyone with anything. But more than one 50000 football stadium has been built in the last 15 years.

It is becoming obvious that there is an issue between the club and LCC. On who funds what and how I would guess.

Elstone can pretend that the back end of Walton will be transformed into some sort of cultural metropolis with vast hoardes of tourists boosting Liverpool's economy, but he's not kidding anyone, let alone the council.

The only viable council led stadium plan was the Kings Dock, and we made a monumental pigs ear of that.
Everton are not leaving Goodison any time in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.