Everton 2-1 Sporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
That penalty and sending off has really wound me up..

Thats what happens when you get complacent, and now they're right back in the tie. F*cking idiots, honestly.. :mad:

I dunno, Sporting are clearly not all that, we should be able to score over there.

exactly. we were 2-0 up to sporting lisbon at home with 3 minutes to go.

why is rodwell playin hot potato with distain half way up the pitch when all they did all game was create a few chances on the break.

i'd call my mate a [Poor language removed] if he did that, so tonight, Rodwell and Distain are dicks.

sorry lads.

and, from having loads of players, we're now buggered again. no centre backs.

On a positive note, we did just beat the famous Sporting Lisbon.

So well done everyone except Rodders who needs to eat some humble pie tonight and come back less complacent, and show us that magic we know he can do!!! Rodzilla!!

COYBB!!!! ;);)

So you reckon he doesn't make a challenge? Yeah good one mate.

No, I don't mean it this way, unless he could get a clean challenge, he shouldn't go in like that, I rather he go in with pressure, more like a shoulder challenge, who knows he could miss and Howard might get to it, if lucky!

I would prefer to have 11 player on the pitch and without him suspended for the second leg, when we might need him, no gurantee Senderos would have recover by then?

there is no need to be so negative. yes we should have closed the game but we are winning. A 0-0 draw or a win should see us thru the next round and last time I checked you play the game to win it, not draw, not lose, but to win.

No, I don't mean it this way, unless he could get a clean challenge, he shouldn't go in like that, I rather he go in with pressure, more like a shoulder challenge, who knows he could miss and Howard might get to it, if lucky!

I would prefer to have 11 player on the pitch and without him suspended for the second leg, when we might need him, no gurantee Senderos would have recover by then?

Howard had closed it down fairly well considering, Distains presence had Liedson almost off balance.

scoring was a 50/50 at best.

i'd of took the chance.

gutted. :(

neville can only tackle but not pass very well which is evident with him at right back , why did we sit back in the 2nd half when we could have attacked more considering there defence was very nervy.
we need to play with more conviction & belief , we could have got more goals if only we attacked with pace rather than the usual slow build up & this could have been a great result rather than just a good one.

but at least we won so all to play for in lisbon , well done lads

They'll be well up for it now in Lisbon. They aint gonna be as bad they were tonight over at their place.

Just typical Everton gun and foot stuff really..

I'm so pissed off right now I think I'm just going to turn the computer off and do something else or I'll get banned for swearing too much. Typical.

It was quite an enjoyable game to watch. Ossie put himself about well in the midfield and looked really composed on the ball. Baines looked like he was trying to impress. There were very few aimless balls forward. We moved it around with confidence and precision.

There was an occasion towards the end of the game when Neville played the ball down the line as if to say to Donovan 'that's where you should be'.

We did drop off for the last 10 or 15 minutes, trying to protect what we had. The best form of defence up until that point had been attack though. Once we retreated, it gave Sporting the space to play the ball around.

For all our neat football in the middle of the park, we created very little. Perhaps it was down to the slow, deliberate tempo. I would have liked to have seen Pienaar and Donovan get on the ball a bit more and beat a man to get into the box.

I guess that the flukey second goal was cancelled out by the penalty.

All in all, I'm happy that we've got an advantage to take over there. It suits us to defend in numbers and nick one from a set piece. If we'd had more of an aggregate lead we might not be so focussed over there.

there is no need to be so negative. yes we should have closed the game but we are winning. A 0-0 draw or a win should see us thru the next round and last time I checked you play the game to win it, not draw, not lose, but to win.

you are right......but i'm still gutted. :(

I'm going to the away game next week in Lisbon.

we could of sealed this and had a party in Lisbon.

nevermind eh...

COYBB!!!!

Yes we're all peed off, but fear not fellow blues, we will beat them, why? coz they are crap! If we play like we have done like against Man city and chelsea then there's only one outcome, unless something crappy like what happend tonight.

Have Faith!
COYB's

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.