Everton 1-0 Man Utd. 20th August @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atmosphere was amazing last night...my ears are stil ringing! Anyone know where there's full highlights or a download of the game?

Oh, and Goodison schooled everyone on how to support a team, I thought. Old fashioned passion, none of this tw*ttish soccer am chanting sh*te. When we played well the roof came off and when we went of the boil for a minute or two, the fans let them know rather than start singing pop songs.

You've put it better than I ever could. Well said.mate. It was Goodison at her best.

First game I've been to in a long time, going to start going again and what a game to come back to, Goodision was booming.

Fergie's apopleptic touchline behaviour. Old prick is certainly losing it. And as you may have noticed, his once frequent praise of Everton is long gone, now that he's begun to take us seriously.

Yup. He's always been a graceless [Poor language removed] and his patronising praise when they had just battered us always stuck in the craw a little bit.

Nice to see that come to end.

Oh, and Goodison schooled everyone on how to support a team, I thought. Old fashioned passion, none of this tw*ttish soccer am chanting sh*te. When we played well the roof came off and when we went of the boil for a minute or two, the fans let them know rather than start singing pop songs.

Absolutely! We've been doing it for years though and still nobody follows us. Whether it's the ****e with their silly song, the citeh fans with their silly dance, the yoonited fans with tier nursery rhymes, nothing comes anywhere near to Goodison when it's rocking like it was Monday.

You've put it better than I ever could. Well said.mate. It was Goodison at her best.
Cheers, mate.

Absolutely! We've been doing it for years though and still nobody follows us. Whether it's the ****e with their silly song, the citeh fans with their silly dance, the yoonited fans with tier nursery rhymes, nothing comes anywhere near to Goodison when it's rocking like it was Monday.
Correct. It's the passion behind the noise which sets it apart though, for me. It's not "hey, look at us, sky cameras, aren't we der best fans in der werld, look at us waving our scarves and our massive flags". It's all about what's going on on the pitch.

The other lot may have their scarf waving and City may have their poncey dancing but nothing beats Goodison Park on a big night when it comes down to noise, passion and aggro.

I am split as also following BVB Dortmund in the Bundesliga, I love the atmosphere created in their Sudtribune stand and the various things going on in it. That said when it comes to English football, I will definitely concur that nothing tops Goodison especially matches under the lights. ;)

I am split as also following BVB Dortmund in the Bundesliga, I love the atmosphere created in their Sudtribune stand and the various things going on in it. That said when it comes to English football, I will definitely concur that nothing tops Goodison especially matches under the lights. ;)

yep, dortmund and everton are the two greatest teams. I am more of an Everton follower but I can safely say that Dortmund are my second favorite team. 80,000 capacity along with a lot of standing places. I will definitely visit it in the summer and of course goodison again, I have been there once and the pitch along with the lights are amazing. Too bad it was a friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.