Everton 1-0 Man Utd. 20th August @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

First time I've bothered to download a match and watch it and it was great viewing. Atmosphere didn't half come over well on TV and spotted a few things that I missed last night. Gibbo singing GOT was just awesome and Seamus Coleman's effort against Evra and Vidic was outstanding. He wreaks havoc with tired defences. I thought Gibson showed flashes of real quality to go along with his industry and tackling. Jagielka literally stopped everything second half and was back to his brilliant best that made me think he was the best in the league in 2009.

As good as Osman was, I can't wait for Kev to settle in. He'll be yet another outlet for us going forward. Should be a good source of goals as well.

Oh, and Goodison schooled everyone on how to support a team, I thought. Old fashioned passion, none of this tw*ttish soccer am chanting sh*te. When we played well the roof came off and when we went of the boil for a minute or two, the fans let them know rather than start singing pop songs.

Highlight of last nights trouncing of Manchester United. The dad sat next to me who'd flown home from Singapore, to take his son to his very first Goodison match, The look on his son's face when Z-Cars kicked in and the teams took to the field. But his face when we scored ?..Pure Magic. A memory that will last him and his dad, a life time !

Highlights:

The pre-match news that Utd had signed a leftback; although ironically Baines was probably the weakest link on the pitch. Considering he is normally our greatest outlet, it's a great credit to the team we were able to triumph regardless.

Jagielka's wonderful interceptions and blocks at key times.

Tony's thunderous tackles on Evra. Just perfect. 10 more years please.

Pienaar & Osman's technique. They are geniuses on the pitch.

Fellaini's precense. I must give credit where it is due. Unlike previous seasons he used his size to it's proper and full advantage: won everything. Could ask no more of him.

Again somewhat begrundigly, given his semifinal performance (can't forgive him), must also praise Distin. Great acceleration when needed, and some towering headers.

Coleman's cameo. Ran with the ball intelligently and bought a tired team some precious moments rest.

Fergie's apopleptic touchline behaviour. Old prick is certainly losing it. And as you may have noticed, his once frequent praise of Everton is long gone, now that he's begun to take us seriously.

Postmatch, Darren Gibson singing along to 'grand old team'; just brilliant.

Again postmatch, the Neville-on-Neville interview. "Hello Phillip"... "Er, Hello Gary". Hilarious. Bizarre. Brilliant.

Finally, and most significantly, the atmosphere. The crowd, the old lady, under the lights. Nothing beats it. Wonderful.

ROLL ON VILLA

COME ON YOU BLUES

To be honest, I was very disappointed in our performance last night. When Everton play a top team, what I want is backs-to-the-wall defending from start to finish, being dragged to the edge of my seat for 90 minutes by shots flying round our goal, and at the end I want the pleasure of a plucky (but barely deserved) draw or the satisfaction of moaning at length about a one-goal loss due to extreme bad luck or a ridiculous refereeing decision. All this winning by completely outplaying the opposition, having far more chances, hitting woodwork multiple times, and being unlucky not to win by two or three goals is not the thing at all. Admittedly, the boys did make the effort to cause me some anxiety with the usual drop-back-on-our-goal-and-invite-a-siege tactic in the last 20 minutes, but overall my stress levels weren’t remotely what I’m used to. Another disappointing start to the season, then. Let's hope the lads can get back in the groove with a typical early season play-against-a-dire-team-and-be-even-worse-than-them performance at Villa at the weekend.

(With my outlook on life, possibly I should be posting on Toffeeweb rather than here).

Outstanding! I was also forbidden from giving reputation, but if I could have done this is what I'd have said:
Not sure how this reputation stuff works, never added any before, don't know what the units are (so I'm giving you 1 point. Hope that isn't infinitesimally small in quantity) because I thought your post was dryly hilarious and spot on. Well done!

Highlight of last nights trouncing of Manchester United. The dad sat next to me who'd flown home from Singapore, to take his son to his very first Goodison match, The look on his son's face when Z-Cars kicked in and the teams took to the field. But his face when we scored ?..Pure Magic. A memory that will last him and his dad, a life time !

Heartwarmingly brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.