Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First half we looked like a squad that hadn't played in three months. But I was really encouraged by that second half under the circumstances. Now we're "tuned up" let's paste Norwich, attain safety, and build around this squad of uncut young diamonds.

It's coming together...... (prepares to feel like a total numpty)

I know I'm pessimistic a bit about our prospects for next season but if we did somehow cobble together a top half level midfield behind Dom and Richarlison we've got something.
I think youre right bud, on the basis of that game, our defence played fine, our forward line threatened, but our midfield (even though Tom D had a decent game) was yet again the weak link.

Gave them the ball.Knew they didn't have the ability in midfield to create anything. Take the point. Even when Leicester won the league they has some quality midfielders. Don't give them the space to play their hoofball and they haven't got a plan B.

This is it really, if you suck the space between midfield and defence their best players have no where to operate. They then have to rely on Hendo, Fabino and the ilk break teams down, good luck with that. You need to implement it as well as we did today.

They’ve been rumbled, pity City imploded.

Thought the DCL header was a poor miss.

Me too Richy had the beating of Loveren. But the fulcrum of the win, was the two deep banks of four midfield and defense ,giving no space between the lines if we opened up they live and thrive in those areas. We were unlucky we should have scored four on the break.
He had little chance with that look again -

Status
Not open for further replies.