Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifth place could qualify for Champions League
If Manchester City finish in the top four and their ban is upheld by CAS, it would mean a Champions League place would go to the team who finish fifth in the Premier League.
UEFA rule 4.08 states: "A club which is not admitted to the competition is replaced by the next best-placed club in the top domestic championship of the same association, provided the new club fulfils the admission criteria. In this case, the access list (see Annex A) is adjusted accordingly."

How long could the process take?

Months rather than weeks.

This is a complex case and it is thought that the adjudicatory chamber could take its time to consider Leterme's recommendation. An oral hearing may also be called.

As an example, more than a month ago the investigatory chamber referred AC Milan to the adjudicatory chamber for failing to comply with the break-even rules for the period 2015-2018. We are yet to hear the outcome.

City could also then appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

It is therefore highly unlikely any ban would apply to next season's Champions League.

There you have it, it’s highly unlikely it will have any effect this season.

Who doesn't want to see something like this again...

I still maintain, especially after Tottenham got lucky again yesterday, that we wont qualify for CL, I think City will appeal which will take ages and it will be top 7 in EL. To me I am just looking at being 7th and take the chance.
Wolves drawing helped, Tottenham and Arsenal didnt

I still maintain, especially after Tottenham got lucky again yesterday, that we wont qualify for CL, I think City will appeal which will take ages and it will be top 7 in EL. To me I am just looking at being 7th and take the chance.
Wolves drawing helped, Tottenham and Arsenal didnt

Just take each game as it comes. We can't influence anybody else's chances except by beating them. Then we'll see where it takes us.

Just take each game as it comes. We can't influence anybody else's chances except by beating them. Then we'll see where it takes us.
if we beat the other teams who are competing for CL or EL, we'll deserve to be there and be good enough to be there. We know it can either go one of two ways, we perform and get into a good euro slot, or we can miss another golden opportunity. I see Gomes returning into Carlos new style and smashing us all the way to the champs league (to be then knocked out of the prelim stages by Malta paperboy 11)

I’d say he will be back
We won’t be spending money on a back up goalkeeper and Huddersfield won’t buy him
Could be,but no game time what ever might make him look elsewhere,that if he has any ambition other than to collects a wage packet that is.Only making the bench in two Micky mouse Cup games would'nt fill anyone with the confidence of any sort of future

Could be,but no game time what ever might make him look elsewhere,that if he has any ambition other than to collects a wage packet that is.Making the bench in two Micky mouse Cup games would'nt fill anyone with the confidence of any sort of future
He is earning more here than anyone else will pay him

Status
Not open for further replies.