Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
Listen Carlo, you best tell the players to down tools coz our fans are [Poor language removed] scared of europe.

We need Europa at least next season if we want to get to where we say we do. Carlo is one of the best in the business at managing a squad rather than an 11, weve seen if already in the short time hes been here. He is not scared to rotate and keep things fresh. Add some quality on the right, another cb to replace Keane, chuck gomes and gbamin in the mix and we have a pretty good looking squad.

If you looked at the post history of the posters who are scared of competing in Europe you will find posts about being happy to have Moyes come back and post about wanting to sign Ings or Wilson. Nailed on.

Scared of Europa league qualifiers. What next?

We need it because Carlo once said he likes to play in every 3 days and he likes rotation.
I would like to see us play in every 3 days too lol

As much as i want to get excited, i'll be grounded as they come until we play our next run of games.

Arsenal A
United H
Chelsea A
RS H
Norwich A
Leicester H
Spurs A

The pessimist in me knows we've got a complex of getting results at the Emirates and at Stamford Bridge, which could be a huge factor.

As much as i want to get excited, i'll be grounded as they come until we play our next run of games.

Arsenal A
United H
Chelsea A
RS H
Norwich A
Leicester H
Spurs A

The pessimist in me knows we've got a complex of getting results at the Emirates and at Stamford Bridge, which could be a huge factor.
Arsenal A 3 points
United H 3 points
Chelsea A 0 points
RS H 0 points
Norwich A 3 points
Leicester H 1 point
Spurs A 1 point

Arsenal A 3 points
United H 3 points
Chelsea A 0 points
RS H 0 points
Norwich A 3 points
Leicester H 1 point
Spurs A 1 point

I've said, if we get 9 games off 5 games up to the RS(incl. yesterday), i'd be very happy. We've got a great chance with the league being as inconsistent as it is.

Personally think we'll beat Leicester and draw with Norwich, but we shall see.

Reactions: JLW
I've said, if we get 9 games off 5 games up to the RS(incl. yesterday), i'd be very happy. We've got a great chance with the league being as inconsistent as it is.

Personally think we'll beat Leicester and draw with Norwich, but we shall see.
It’s wide open this year and this decent run has put us right in the mix! It’s quite unbelievable really considering we have almost played half a season without a midfield.

Apart from them at home I don’t think it’s a hard run of fixtures
Are people really worried about Manchester United these days
Did anyone see Arsenal at Burnley last week they are awful too
Leicester are not the same team pre Xmas
We’ve a good run of homes bar them lot
Chelsea and Tottenham away be tough but nothing else worries me
Take 4 points from next two easily

You are weird Monty, wonderful, but weird with it.

We might skip finishing fifth to seventh for one or two seasons to end up in the top four the season after, but, chances are, we'll finish in a Europa spot before we finish in a Champions League spot.

We might have a poor run in the Europa which knocks us back a bit, but, if we qualified for the Champions League, we'd be even more likely to have a poor run in Europe ... which knocks us back.

But, qualifying, and playing in the Europa might also be a decent stepping stone towards playing in the Champions League, and I reckon anyone who can't see that, and would rather skip European nights for a season or two, is a bit weird.
Well Cat you go chasing windmills while I weirdly keep my realist feet on the floor. People are going on about great Thursday nights, they were great but sadly not for us, it's staggering how so many can so easily forget the drummings dished out by Italian mid table Atalanta and others, I felt ashamed.
There is nothing wrong in dreaming as long as you remember it's only a dream. A realist attempts to take into account every factor. I want us in Europe but only when we are properly eequipped half the present team need binning and suitable replacements given time to bed in, realistic thinking without any MIGHTS or unrealistic hopes makes sense. The next set of matches will bust this futile dream of yours, why you may ask, because we are no good enough obvious and accurate answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.