Europa Conference League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t turn my nose up at this at all, it’s European games, good experience for the players, great trips for the fans, and a chance at a trophy we desperately need.
Agree with this 100%
This club has gone so long without any kind of success that I'd take the EFL trophy given the chance!
We must win trophies soon. Any trophy. And to be in Europe is a must if we ever want to compete with the very biggest clubs.
The more trophies we win the longer Mr Ancelotti will stay in my opinion. A couple of seasons without getting close and I fear he may go.

Will never understand fans who DON'T want their club to win a trophy.
That is how a club's success is measured - by how many trophies it has won.
That is the whole point of playing the game - to win trophies. From a club's point of view, a manager's and a player's.
And if there are certain trophies a club can't win because it isn't good enough (like the league for us just now) then that club must try to win the trophies it can win instead.
And seeing as though we haven't been able to win a trophy of ANY sort since 1995 I suggest we give this new competition (should we qualify for it) some respect.
We are not above it. We are not in a position to look down on it.
Some clubs are - the elite - purely because they always win the bigger trophies consistently.
But us? People need to understand where we are. It's not the 1980s anymore. We are a big club (without recent success) hoping to be a big club (with success)
Let's not forget all new competitions start out with some form of criticism - the World Cup (which British teams boycotted til 1950) which is now the biggest football tournament of all. And the Nations League - which will in time become massive also.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to win them. I mean, imagine if England had entered the first few World Cups - we could have won at least another couple and then we wouldn't be so hung up on 1966 then!
But I digress.
Me personally I want Everton to win every single game they play, whether it's a pre-season game or a Cup final. I want my team to win.

Seeing as this is now likely, can somebody, anybody, tell me what the format is?
n4qlsii8l0i61.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.