End of season lap of appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed for the Howard goodbye but got off once this part started, I know Martinez was massively to blame for this season but I still can't bring myself to clap a bunch of millionaires who for the past few months haven't looked arsed. Make it up to me next year (which is exactly what I said on the last game of last season as well).

Did many stay ? I bailed on the whistle, 3-0 v a relagated team isn't convincing me that there boss again

Probably three quarters of the stadium stayed mate.

It was about giving Howard a proper send off. He may have been a massive bell at times, over stayed by a season c/o of Martinez, but he's been a great servant for the club and deserved to be sent off properly .

It wasn't a proper lap of appreciation. They dressed it up as a big elaborate farewell for Howard.

Whatever you think of Tim, the last few years may not have been great, but he has played for us for 10 years and was a good servant. Made some crucial saves, such as in the FA Cup semi penalty shoot out in 2009. Very nearly broke Southall's record for consecutive appearances and clean sheets in one of the seasons too.

After he was well received, they decided on the spare of the moment for the team to walk around the pitch and clap the fans. It was well-received. They were probably weighing up the crowd response and if it had been lukewarm, they wouldn't have bothered. Thankfully we won 3-0 and people were in a good mood.

When you see how crap Chelsea treated John Terry on his final farewell at their ground today after playing for them for 18 years and winning so many things for them, the way we treated Howard today put them to shame and showed them for the classless club they are. We treat our long time players with respect at Everton, generally speaking.

He's still one of us.

CihVYKmWgAEsWKd.jpg

Stayed for the Howard farewell but got off after that. Nephew was driving me nuts so that was that! Would have stayed otherwise. I completely see what others are saying who got off- the players haven't showed much respect for the fans over the past few months. On the other hand though, I'm not sure if I was in their position whether I would have put in many performances either. We've all had horrible bosses who have made our lives tough- are we at the top of our game then? I know I wasn't. Kind of see it similar- I know they get paid incredible amounts, but imagine having to put up with Roberto day in day out? It'd grate.

Anyway- was nice to get that slightly warm feeling back today. A bit of optimism for once! Was interesting seeing how vocal Rhino was on the touchline- at one point going berserk on Ross for not tracking back. Quite funny seeing the amount of long balls in the first half- they weren't aimless either. A point was being proved I think. Nice we can finally move on and hopefully get the right man in place. Was nice to see the send-off for Howard, and the great reception for Naismith too.

Status
Not open for further replies.