Embrace the Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're the worst 'team' in this relegation scrap.
We also have the 'best' players.
Think we will be ok, but it's still terrifying.

Useless barstools.

Much as I am concerned about the rest of this season, I do believe we will make it over the line.

However, it is next season’s prospects I find “terrifying”.

:(

We are one more bad managerial appointment away from the Championship.

And Moshiri can only roll the dice so often when it comes to replacing failing players.

We have a less than 1% chance of being relegated.
The 1% chance may be a bit on the low side but looking at everything purely objectively (ie ignoring how crap we really are) relegation is highly improbable. Looking at the remaining fixtures of all 11 clubs currently below 35 points I'd say 39 pts will secure PL status. Surely we can scramble together 5 more points. Not only do we start with a 7 point cushion but we have 7 games remaining against the bottom 10 clubs. It would be the worst set of results for many a year for us not to win at least one of these.

I don't think I have ever been this out of love with football.

I moved to New Zealand five years ago and most weeks I would stay up or set my alarm for 3 or 4 in the morning. I found myself doing it less and less through this season and I stopped doing it all together now. It's like watching England play, so boring and lifeless, no one on the pitch gives a damn.

Apathy pretty much sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.