Embrace the Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike the other promoted sides and many teams down there, Brighton have dangerous players, Gross, Izquierdo, Knockaert. And from set pieces they'll be a threat as they're absolutely huge.

Nah, the next 2 sets of fixtures alone have teams at the bottom playing each other/playing the likes of city. There's no way they're all picking up enough points to drop us.

I've said all season that we're not in a relegation battle but for the first time I'm actually a little bit worried. It never occurred to me that any team could only muster one solitary point from games away to West Brom, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Spurs, Watford and Burnley, nevermind one which has cost £300m to assemble and has a self appointed 'expert' at grinding out results in charge.

It's suddenly looking very possible, maybe even likely, that we won't get another away point all season. That leaves us needing to win 2 home games, and I think we can pretty much discount those coming against City or Liverpool. What an absolutely disgraceful situation this has become.

I can see 8 points - just about safe and then let the clear out commence
starting with sam and the excuse for a 'captain' Williams - don't want to see him in an everton shirt again

I don't think we'll win the 3 gimme home games - Brighton/Newcastle/Soton. The slump we are in will carry through I fear and even under less pressurised circumstances, I don't see any basis for expecting anything as a given with this lot.

I would very gladly take two wins from those three. Brighton is the toughest of those games but Soton could be down by the time we play them.

Not expecting anything from Swansea away and RS/City home.

We might nick a point at Stoke or Huddersfield.

I don't want to contemplate needing a result of any sort against West Ham - I will not endure that torture if it happens.

That would be seven points. It's disgraceful really, just an utter shambles. I thought we were in relegation danger all season but more to a lesser degree but this is too close for comfort.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.