Transfer Rumour El Billal Toure

Status
Not open for further replies.

What should Thelwell do at this point on this deal
?
Be working on an alternative deal for when this Traore fella ultimately jibs us off? But I guess the train of thought won't ever enter his head until transfer deadline day when he'll get on the phone to Diego Costa or somebody similarly finished/crap with a connection to Wolves.

Judge him with your own eyes Houghty pal...What did we all do before youtube? Am assuming we've scouted him enough to pursue the transfer and spend a sizable amount of our budget on him, am also ok with us spending 40mil on him if it has been reported in 3 installments.
I can only judge him on videos as I don't have an extensive scouting network, and assuming we have scouted him and are prepared to pay £40m for him does not fill me with a lot of confidence given our recent track record of buying absolute dross. At the the end of it though if dyche wants him or is it thelwell? then we have to buy him I just have no faith in our scouting system, but I would love to be proved wrong and for this lad to bag 30 in his first season.

I can only judge him on videos as I don't have an extensive scouting network, and assuming we have scouted him and are prepared to pay £40m for him does not fill me with a lot of confidence given our recent track record of buying absolute dross. At the the end of it though if dyche wants him or is it thelwell? then we have to buy him I just have no faith in our scouting system, but I would love to be proved wrong and for this lad to bag 40 in his first season.
Correct Kind Sir...we all want the same result.

Not outstanding for us though. Lots of ifs about him. We just don't have the finances to spend 30 and 40 million on potential. We should be looking for that same potential at under 10. But then there's Thelwell.
Everyone is looking for that. If you set the bar at £10M then you're gonna see a very disappointing window even by Everton standards.

Almeira paid £8M which is ideally where we'd all like Everton to be coming in but until a player is appearing in a top league with international honours for a high ranking side or playing in continental level competition it can be very difficult to ensure a UK work permit outside of an appeal. Mali have only just entered the top 50 and Bilal has zero games at European or similar continental competition under his belt.

That could be what stops a lot of these transfers taking place earlier in players careers when it comes to UK clubs. The fact that his value is now much higher also works in favour when it comes to points required for a permit. If we're going in for players at a similar stage of development (and value) when Almeira did Bilal it could likely be a situation similar to that of Onyekuru with a potentially good player being farmed out on loan due to permit issues - that's not something that helps with the current issues in the squad so those types of player aren't the wisest use of limited funds right now.

Even the rightly vaunted Brighton way involves them often dropping £10-£15m on players who spend a couple of years out on loan but don't work out in the end. But people just see the bargains who move on for big money as the narrative is that they never get it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.