Easily Forgotten Everton Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post, also agree on Rooney. He was utter magic for us at times. Actual magic, even without our blue-tinted specs. I got so excited whenever he got the ball, he often didn't disappoint. He was like having our very own Ronaldinho. For Man U, he was consistently excellent. But not quite magic.
Defo. Could and should have been on the podium with Messi and Ronaldo for Ballon D'Or every year for a decade.

Good post, also agree on Rooney. He was utter magic for us at times. Actual magic, even without our blue-tinted specs. I got so excited whenever he got the ball, he often didn't disappoint. He was like having our very own Ronaldinho. For Man U, he was consistently excellent. But not quite magic.
The volley against the barcodes was magic. He was capable of those moments of genius. Just never produced them the same way Messi does.

The volley against the barcodes was magic. He was capable of those moments of genius. Just never produced them the same way Messi does.

it was more the audacious skills and fluidly going past opposing players that seemed to have gone missing from his main game.

still, Ferguson preferred an efficient if still somewhat flaired goal-making machine, and he was right to focus on that if you're a Man U fan.

I know a lot heavily criticized the club for bringing him back, here's a view from the other side of the coin that is especially pertinent as the discussion of a clubs responsibility towards its staffs mental health rumbles on, personally I think it's an act we should be proud of as blues

I know a lot heavily criticized the club for bringing him back, here's a view from the other side of the coin that is especially pertinent as the discussion of a clubs responsibility towards its staffs mental health rumbles on, personally I think it's an act we should be proud of as blues

He's been in articles a fair few times over the last few years due to all his troubles, and generally I think we've always come across well in them. I know a lot of ppl don't like the way we seem to let any old player come back to the club in some way, but I'm glad we did and have helped put Joe back on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.