Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to finally earn that wage that he’s been stealing by getting a performance out of this group until the new manager comes in. Otherwise he’s been a massive failure as a coach and another one of Kenwrights stenches that have been around the club too long.

In my opinion, anybody who is old enough to remember Duncan Ferguson play and old enough to remember Everton when Duncan Ferguson was playing and cannot understand what a talisman he was and is for the club simply doesn't get EFC or it's history. They are following a delusional club which has been at the top of English football for the last number of decades. I have been following Everton since about 1970 and it has largely been log periods of disappointment interspersed with the odd period of dominance.
Duncan Ferguson was one of our heroes that led the fight on our behalf. Was he perfect ? far from it but he does appear to have matured into a thoughtful intelligent man.

Regarding the press conference today.... I didn't see it all but what I did see reminded me of what we have been missing under the two most recent managers....passion, energy, appreciation for the club and the part they play in it's history.
I thought he presented himself very well, I thought his love of the club shone through in everything he said. How refreshing listening to somebody whose ambition in life is to manage Everton.
He may not be a success, he may not have what it takes to be a good manager but we can only hope that he does.

Roberto Martinez to be fair to him was always positive about football, about his players and about the club but it is a results business and if you don't get the results you lose your job.... The media talk about continuity and that is right but it needs to be with the right person. Keeping the same manager as you slide down the table is not continuity... it is self destruction. I liked RM and I was sorry he lost his job but it was something that had to be done.

Koeman never got Everton and had no passion for the club or it's fans , I think Koeman was in love with himself and didn't have room for anybody else. He was a bad appointment, much worse than RM or MS and the poor results compounded by the money wasted makes his time at Everton bordering on criminal.

I have been calling for Marco Silva to lose his job for months now. Sitting in the stand watching an inept hapless performance against Sheff. Utd made me realise we were going nowhere fast with him, it wasn't the result alone as much as the performance, the tactics the complete inability to change a game that you should be winning but is going against you.
On a personal level I feel sorry for him, I think he did get Everton and the fans, I think the job meant a lot to him , Ithink he was respected and liked throughout the club... but as I said earlier it is a results business and his results were not even close to be good enough. I think it was his niceness and decency which made his dismissal so difficult for Brands/Kenwright/Moshiri.
I think Silva may have been too close to his players, too friendly with them... I am not sure he was as in charge as he should have been and I think his friendship and reliance on certain senior players kept them in the team even when they should have been benched. The best manager are respected by their players but I am not sure they are liked by them.

Big Dunc certainly is an imposing figure at the club, has the love and support of the fans.. the rest is up to him.
I wonder if he gave a hint at the press conference that he is ready to begin a career in management as he has said he is not ready to manage Everton but it is his ambition to do so... it may mean he might have to move to get that experience.

He needs to finally earn that wage that he’s been stealing by getting a performance out of this group until the new manager comes in. Otherwise he’s been a massive failure as a coach and another one of Kenwrights stenches that have been around the club too long.
Sounds like you have already sharpened your knives and at the ready.

He has to assemble 11 players from the injury ravaged squad for tomorrow, so let’s give him our full support and if things go wrong tomorrow, let’s give them our backing

I'll be honest with you mate, I'm not one of those who sees DF as a club legend however, your post above commands and demands respect.
You have outlined passionately and lucidly what DF means to you and all power to you for expressing it so clearly.

I fully accept, as a older Blue who saw the likes of the Holy Trinity play, that to much younger Blues than I, DF is the player who filled a huge void.

I'll also be honest and say that when I heard yesterday even that he would be in charge against Chelsea, I could hardly believe my ears... but overnight and having slept on it and then having watched his press conference today, I wish him the very best and hope for all our sakes he has a dramatic effect upon the team he selects to play.

For sure, I expect the crowd will be behind him, the chanting of his name will be deafening and hopefully, the players will respond and get a win we so desperately need after the last two games.
Good reply Andy, I’m like you, thought Dunc.could have had a better career with Everton, bet he thinks the same, would handle his time with us differently if given the chance, but he had many good moments, outstanding days and nights with the Blues, but that is in the distant past. What counts now is tomorrow and the future, all of us should be hoping Duncan in the dugout inspires the crowd to inspire the team to a valuable win tomorrow and get the club moving upwards, and carry on in that vein until a new and permanent manager is appointed.

Sounds like you have already sharpened your knives and at the ready.

He has to assemble 11 players from the injury ravaged squad for tomorrow, so let’s give him our full support and if things go wrong tomorrow, let’s give them our backing

He has my support, but it’s like everyone has forgotten that he was a part of the same management groups that have failed without suffering any consequence.

He now needs to prove his worth.

He's never seemed to me someone who would be interested in becoming manager. I think he was chosen for the short term role for the feel good factor - much like Unsworth versus Norwich after Martinez was sacked. Obviously we wouldn't have got that again from Unsworth himself after he visibly struggled in the role of Caretaker Manager.

Typically in these type of situations the Temporary Manager mostly goes with similar to what the dispatched Manager was doing but changes some personnel.

Playing two up top would be nice - I don't think any striker at the club is suited to playing up there alone.

Unsworth made the massive mistake of saying he wanted the managers job. He should have said nothing and got on with doing what he was asked to do. Dunc has said he’s not experienced enough, and that’s what I believe Moshiri wanted to hear. Let’s just see how it goes...,

Status
Not open for further replies.