Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 points from Chelsea and United away, who absolutely tore city a new one last week

I’d say he’s worked miracles from a squad that was utterly bummed at Analfield by the RS B team

and to top it off he lost another 2 centre midfielders , his right full back and left full back during the game

he’s organised them and made them appreciate the shirt

Can’t complain about the tactics when we had no fit midfield players and playing an in form Man Utd at Old Trafford. We’re going to have to scrap for points until we’re mid table.

Each decent result buys him, and the board, more time.

If he can navigate us out of both an injury crisis and a results crisis, and see us into the New Year, there is a solid case to be made to give him the job until the end of the season.

So far you can't argue.

If we can appoint a credible, experienced candidate though, if it's Ancelotti, let's put emotion to one side and get them in.

Anyone else on the shortlist and Ferguson has the advantage of being the man in situ. There is a lot of dross being linked with the job who likely won't improve us to any extent.

Once the novelty wears off its essentially Alladyce football but with more commitment from the players.

Good to get points on the board in the wake of the Silva debacle but to improve going forward we really need a top coach.

Remember going to bottom of the table West Brom and playing 9 at the back, hoofing it at every opportunity and not having a single shot on goal

it’s clearly nothing like it

Not going to hold the Kean subs against him.
On another day the switch leads to a decisive second goal on the counter.
Much better than watching us throw an extra defensive player on to try and defend for half an hour, and likely lose anyway.
Got to say Kean doesn't look right at the minute, looked to be unfit and carrying a bit of extra weight.
The chance were iwobi messed up the final pass sums up why dom is starting ahead of him for me.
Commitment and desire to get on the end of things

We didn’t win. Will get grief for this but that is smalltime

A manager acknowledging the fans and vice versa is not small time. I think people are underestimating just how good a job he’s done. Going to UTD away when they have just smashed one of the best teams in the league away at their own ground, with an injury ravaged team and getting a point while still having chances to score goals is a cracking result and rightly deserves acknowledgement from the fans. Remember the last away game they went to at Analfield?

4 points from Chelsea and United away, who absolutely tore city a new one last week

I’d say he’s worked miracles from a squad that was utterly bummed at Analfield by the RS B team

and to top it off he lost another 2 centre midfielders , his right full back and left full back during the game

he’s organised them and made them appreciate the shirt

How can you not appreciate what he’s done or even acknowledge he has done a decent job based on that above.

I’m made up and I wasn’t for giving him the job.

Have to say, seen another side of his skill today. Able to change formation and work with lots in injuries. Also strong enough to make a tough decision taking Kean off.

richy and Iwobi were empty at that point and kean could still burst forward when in possession. One particular passage of play saw him link up well with richy during a quick counter and Iwobi was guilty of misplacing a pass that could have send dcl one on one.

are we trying to find fault just to justify a questionable substitution?

One thing after 17mins of being on the field. And he was out of breath.

Iwobi and Richy still had enough in the tank (Iwobi made De Gea pull a good save, Richy still trying to take on Wan Bisaka on 80+mins).

Of course a questionable sub. But an awful one? We got a point. Managers are there to make decisions. He got a result

Status
Not open for further replies.