Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first mistake bringing on Kean in the first place imo, wasn’t the right match or the right moment.

....thought it was actually a good substitute, although I’d have been tempted to bring Iwobi off rather than Bernard. Richarlison will always do a job for the team out wide, so it was a low risk substitution to make gIven Kean’s pace on the break.

I can only think Kean wasn’t playing high enough up the pitch for Ferguson and he conceded a couple of free kicks in dangerous areas. It was wrong to bring him off.

Terrific how he set that team up and got a tune out of them, though.

Dunc got it spot on again today. Kept it simple so players knew what they had to do (except Kean?), showed passion unlike the cardboard cut out OGS. He motivated the players and away fans likewise. Notice how our defending from set pieces suddenly seems better?
Made an absolutely huge call humiliating Kean like that. Not sure how it will go down upstairs especially with our DOF but it says loud and clear I'm in charge and if you don't work for me I won't hesitate to be ruthless.
If Dunc can continue like this for the next 2 games I'd be happy to see him given the rest of the season over bringing in Moyes as Carlo ain't happening.

Duncan Ferguson says he 'thinks' he will be in charge of Everton for the Carabao Cup quarter-final against Leicester on Wednesday.

"I am due to see the directors later, I think there will be some kind of statement."

Ferguson says he is buying the Everton hierarchy time with recent results but that club should be getting a top manager in and he has no experience.

To be expected with no experience but he definitely got the subs wrong today whereas he got it right at Chelsea.

You could see their goal coming so why not take Bernard off for Gordon and put an extra body in the middle to try swarm them?

Thought that cost us the game personally.

Tactically superb today. Like night and day the last two games compared to what was served up beforehand.

The players look like they actually know what they are supposed to be doing, there was bit more backbone than usual (once they scored let's be honest we usually concede about 2 minutes later) and we looked threatening once they had scored which was nice.

Very impressed and the board should be very very grateful that he's basically hiding their incompetence by pulling off some positive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.