Duncan Ferguson Needs To Go Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Dunc was one of our greats, some of the best moments in recent years were with him in his caretaker role. However, the jobs for the boys culture that pervades the club has to end. Seeking to find roles for individuals within a successful organisation when a former role ends is fine, but finding roles just for the sake of it in a perpetually under-achieving organisation makes no sense at all. Roy Keane made the same point about Utd the other night (though obviously he has an axe to grind) and his as point is as valid here as it is there.

Big Dunc was one of our greats, some of the best moments in recent years were with him in his caretaker role. However, the jobs for the boys culture that pervades the club has to end. Seeking to find roles for individuals within a successful organisation when a former role ends is fine, but finding roles just for the sake of it in a perpetually under-achieving organisation makes no sense at all. Roy Keane made the same point about Utd the other night (though obviously he has an axe to grind) and his as point is as valid here as it is there.
We beat Chelsea at home and he got really excited and hugged a ball boy, apart from that what best moments were in his 4 games in charge?

I'd keep Baines. He really was a top quality left back with tremendous technical ability. I would want him coaching young defenders.

He's just a coach - and according to Lukaku, Calvert-Lewin etc - a very good one.

Disagree with him being a pre-requisite to any new manager (unless we genuinely think he's a future Everton manager but even then perhaps better to learn the trade elsewhere) but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Benithez seems a bit ruthless with the backroom staff (eg: the medical staff) so I genuinely think he only kept Dunc because he knows he needs to keep the fans on board.

He needs to go and learn management like Gerrard did in Scotland then come back to the PL, he has wasted a few years just sitting around when he could be doing a lot more. If he had done that he could of been in line to step in now, even as a temp.
Rafael has seen two people off now, I dont think Dunc will be the third but if Dunc was to move on and learn a higher roll in Scotland it wouldnt hurt us and could even help us in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.