Duncan Ferguson Moving On

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took someone making a fake rumour that he was going to be the next Blackburn manager and for the bookies to make him favourite for the job for him to realise he could actually get a job in this management malarkey. Remember even reading something saying Ancelotti had called up the owners to praise Big Dunc.

Be interesting to see who he joins. Probably derby lol

He was always style over substance (the hard man who often left his team paying the price for his indiscipline), the guy who fell out of love with footy until a good pay check arrived in the form of us where he could coast and not have to actually do much, or well.

The guy trumpeted by many as a club legend (Blue Bill at the forefront of that) which frankly showed how far we'd fallen as he wasn't fit to clean the likes of Sharp, Latchford and Dean's shoes.

Good riddance, him and Unsworth both getting booted for me are huge positive signs fir Thelwell so far

Sounds like you really don’t like the guy mate.

Was it you who vandalised his mural?

Absolute legend. Everton through and through. Even his kids support us.
I wish him every success in the future. Some sad lads on here with disrespectful opinions. Shouldn't be surprised , yet somehow I am. Perhaps I am getting confused between surprise and disappointment.
He’s not a legend. What an insult to all those actual legends we have had.

he’s a cult hero, he fought against the tide, he showed defiance.

But compared to our actual legends? He was rubbish.

People calling him a legend just shows what a mess the club has made of the last 30 years.

I thought he'd go when Ancelotti left tbh. It's time for him to go and see how good he can be. He should bring in John Terry and Roy Keane as assistants. Imagine how scared the players would be when all 3 walk in ??

Had nothing against the guy just never had put him on a pedestal as a player.. could never understand how he kept his position under every manager and seemed to be bullet proof to criticism. It shows a change in culture from the owners that we are now trying to move forward (hopefully)… will be interesting to see what success he can have when he is the guy.. he has had loads of examples to learn from. Some of the most experienced and respected manager in the world.

He might prove me wrong and really show he has more than passion and bravado .. good luck to him.

Had nothing against the guy just never had put him on a pedestal as a player.. could never understand how he kept his position under every manager and seemed to be bullet proof to criticism. It shows a change in culture from the owners that we are now trying to move forward (hopefully)… will be interesting to see what success he can have when he is the guy.. he has had loads of examples to learn from. Some of the most experienced and respected manager in the world.

He might prove me wrong and really show he has more than passion and bravado .. good luck to him.
I'm sure he'll be more of a players manager, motivational stuff week, in, week out.

I can't seem him being a tactical innovator.

Might do OK somewhere but it's going to be quite a jolt for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.