Duncan Ferguson Moving On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to the guy, had a job for life here, he loves the club so it would have been hard to walk away.

I think he's doing the right thing though. He's a bit late to the management game but there's no reason he can't go and make a good career for himself.

Sounds like you really don’t like the guy mate.

Was it you who vandalised his mural?
He polarised opinion a lot more than his die-hard fanbase realise, but they were so ingrained in the Cult of Duncan they didn't notice all those fans hugely dissatisfied with his return. While I did appreciate his impact in 94/95 (I went to his first game away to Portsmouth, Durrant also made his debut) and could understand that the crowd were crying out for a swashbuckling hero…by 96/97 many of us could no longer understand their fascination with a player so consistently underperforming and, quite frankly, only occasionally putting a decent shift in- especially with such poor results and fighting relegation 'again'.

But maybe that’s for another thread, as despite not rating him that highly as a player, I wish him well, seems a decent fella and obviously loves Everton. Who knows, he may become a decent manager, this remains to be seen.

Last edited:
How much was he paid?
Well, i can't remember the exact figures but when Shearer was the highest paid on around £35k per week, he was in the next group of highest paid players on around £30k+ p/w. Obviously his didn't rise that much i imagine when Keane's went up further still to £80+k p/w by around 2001, but by then Dunc even less fit than he was previously...but still being one of the highest paid players in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.