Drubbings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a disgrace.

You become numb to it, and I think that's half the problem.

We care, but it doesn't seem the players do.

If nothing else, togetherness and effort still counts for a lot and if they had a little more pride in themselves and the club, at least some of these humiliations could have been avoided.

It would be nice in particular to give Arsenal a hammering one day, they seem fond of doling them out to us.

Drubbings, thrashings, poundings, spankings, whatever you like to call them, we've had 'em.

3-0 v Tottenham
3-0 v Atalanta
4-0 v Utd
5-2 v Arsenal
3-0 v Lyon
5-1 v Atalanta
4-1 v Southampton
4-0 v Spurs
5-1 v Arsenal

That's NINE already this season. We're averaging more than one per month, with many more still to come. That's pretty good going, even for Sunderland. It's almost like this Everton team is totally spineless.

I can't recall a season where we've recorded so many heavy defeats. What was the worst season in recent history for this? I'm talking beatings of 3+ goals here.
if we were in a chase for some trophy, you could forgive some heavy defeats, but this is ridiculous.

Having had time to think about these performances this season, I'm convinced that Everton are just too big a club for some of our players.
We actually expect and demand effort and commitment as a minimum, being a grafter is sound enough, but we want that bit more.
If your centre half for Swansea and Burnley, the expectations just are not the same as at Everton.
I get the 'we've not won anything for years though' shouts, but we're still massive compared to most of this league.

Even our manager needs to realise that he isn't bossing Bolton anymore.
He can't sack a game away at arsenal off, cos we will sell our tickets out. Lids will travel on a Saturday night to watch us.

If we didn't have a decent goalie, this thread would be called Proper good hidings, not just drubbings too.

Drubbings, thrashings, poundings, spankings, whatever you like to call them, we've had 'em.

3-0 v Tottenham
3-0 v Atalanta
4-0 v Utd
5-2 v Arsenal
3-0 v Lyon
5-1 v Atalanta
4-1 v Southampton
4-0 v Spurs
5-1 v Arsenal

That's NINE already this season. We're averaging more than one per month, with many more still to come. That's pretty good going, even for Sunderland. It's almost like this Everton team is totally spineless.

I can't recall a season where we've recorded so many heavy defeats. What was the worst season in recent history for this? I'm talking beatings of 3+ goals here.

When it comes to poundings 2017/18 Everton are the whores of the premier league.

3-0 v Tottenham
3-0 v Atalanta
4-0 v Utd
5-2 v Arsenal
3-0 v Lyon
5-1 v Atalanta
4-1 v Southampton
4-0 v Spurs
5-1 v Arsenal

I can't remember a season like this and we are still 10th.

As you have said. No spine or character.

Status
Not open for further replies.