Drag & Drop 1 Historical EFC Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Nyarko back.
He'd show these loafers how to stroll around the pitch.

The fella that went onto the pitch was two rows rows in front of me that day. Player i felt for was scott gemmil who was basically playing on his own and i clearly remember many times gemmil running past nyarko to cover him as he strolled around the pitch.
Can still picture the bizare look on tony adams face trying to get him.

Stuart Barlow. Just to complete the complete 11 boooooo team when he’s offside for the tenth time in the first half.... no point bringing a legend back to stain his name

First name that came to mind was Southall. I’d then go Cahill and Gana Gueye. All of them would still get a game in our current team

Good shouts for Southall, Reid and Cahill who each had large amounts of what we are missing.
But the one player in my lifetime to compensate for most of what we lack is Alan Ball:
Drive
Technique
Creativity
Goals from midfield
Loved the big occasion
And an insatiable desire to win

Would last about 20 minutes in today’s game because he would be sent off for grabbing own players by the throat in sheer frustration at their low standards and meek acceptance of adversity and defeat.

I suppose we could pick Big Dunc, but I think he's got his work cut out 'Ironing the teams shirts'. Just what is
his job?

I should have added my player to add to the team if he hasn’t already been mentioned was Bobby Collins, the ultimate professional.

World class -- Southall / Kanchelskis

Either of them would bring us an additional 10+ points alone.

For anyone who hasnt seen either:

Southall -- I imagine the best keeper in the world at the moment is Oblak at Atletico or Allison. Southall was levels above both. It was quite silly watching some of the saves he would make.

Kanchelskis -- Give him the ball on the half way line and everyone used to stand up expecting a goal. Imagine Adama Traore's pace but a smiling Andrei going straight at goal like an arrow and blasting it as hard as he could at goal.

Failing those two if we wanted someone to come in and lead the team aka Roy Keane then its Peter Reid. Hed drag the club mentality up and there wouldnt be any 'rallying cries' from Coleman.

We'd see it on the pitch.

Howard Kendall; could do it all, attack, defend, tackle, but most of all - Inspire, lead by example.

I'd even take the player from the player-manager version - he was still the best player on the pitch...on either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.