Donovan & Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It would have to be stupid money to placate me if he were to leave and 40M would just about do it.

But I'd rather he stay as I think he's got a bright future.

I'd wouldnt accept any money for him. Id rather sell Arteta and Pienaar.

Interesting that you say that, "including the Galaxy." I figured as much. For as much as the Galaxy organization profess love for Landon, they sort of disrespected Landon with the way they went about bringing in David Beckham - and Landon doesn't take kindly to being disrespected.
But there is a difference between the fans in LA and what the old manager did when Beckham came. Since we got Bruce Arena(who has been training him since he first got into the National Team and is a father figure for him) in as manager and coach the wrongs done have been righted. He is now our captain again and has all of the emphasis of the club behind him rather than whoring out Becks.

I don't buy that he would think that somehow PL fans love him more than us. We had to sit through him disappearing in games and we still loved him.

I'd wouldnt accept any money for him. Id rather sell Arteta and Pienaar.

You'd rather sell Arteta and Pienaar, than Rodwell?

2 proven Premiership midfielders, in their prime, and probably both in the top 20 players in the whole league, for a kid with potential? :blink:

You'd rather sell Arteta and Pienaar, than Rodwell?

2 proven Premiership midfielders, in their prime, and probably both in the top 20 players in the whole league, for a kid with potential? :blink:

Without a second thought. If we're gonna win the league any time soon, and it's certainly not going to be for 2 or 3 years at best, then guys like Pienaar and Arteta will still be important, but Rodwell and Fellaini etc will be the core of the side. If selling the former pair allows us to surround the latter pair with the players we need to be succesfull in 3-5 years time then i'm all for it, as hard as it may be in the short term.

And that's for a kid with the potential to be in the top, what, 5? 3?

Without a second thought. If we're gonna win the league any time soon, and it's certainly not going to be for 2 or 3 years at best, then guys like Pienaar and Arteta will still be important, but Rodwell and Fellaini etc will be the core of the side. If selling the former pair allows us to surround the latter pair with the players we need to be succesfull in 3-5 years time then i'm all for it, as hard as it may be in the short term.

Good point mate, made me think did that! Hopefully we wont have to sell anyone.

But there is a difference between the fans in LA and what the old manager did when Beckham came. Since we got Bruce Arena(who has been training him since he first got into the National Team and is a father figure for him) in as manager and coach the wrongs done have been righted. He is now our captain again and has all of the emphasis of the club behind him rather than whoring out Becks.

I don't buy that he would think that somehow PL fans love him more than us. We had to sit through him disappearing in games and we still loved him.

Oh, I'm not talking about the manager at all - it was always out of the manager's hands. The manager for the Galaxy at the time of Beckham's arrival (Frank Yallop) was more of a father figure for Landon than Bruce Arena was. He coached him as a 19 year old and had faith to put him on the field and was rewarded by a championship - worst to first!

No, the "disrespect" is all about Tim Lieweke.

And I, too, believe Landon knows his Galaxy fans (I'm one!) love him as much as PL fans do. He's as much as said so in interviews even while here.

I think people are getting a bit carried away on the Rodwell hype.
Our team is closer now than ever before to mount a serious challenge under Moyes. Rodwell is a good player, but he isn't a Rooney.
It's Pienaar that makes our team tick since Artetas injury, and Arteta will add the tock once again very soon. Rodwell makes little to no difference to our team at the moment, and as much as I would love to keep him for the time when he comes to fruition, I would be much more concerned about our opportunity now, and wouldn't lose too much sleep if his leaving paved the way for a few missing jigsaw pieces.
Keeping all three, and finding a way to get other players in would be a more ideal solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.