Donovan & Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomainzy

Player Valuation: £750k
Apologies!I was hoping to get a few details to everyone a bit earlier but 5-1....a few swift one's and I am typing this in a place where I really shouldnt.:lol:
Sky have sort of taken the shine of the donovan info I was going to pass on.he was seen on Murdochs channel saying that he would like to stay, so I can add this to the post match stuff-Landon has spoken Mano un Mano to the L.A.Galaxy coach and expressed his desire to stay at Our fine institution.He went on to say that ,what with the recent difficulties between the players and the MLS,it may happen or rather,theres a good chance he could stay.I think Galaxy are slowly realising that he may never be a full Galaxy player again.I believe the saying 'once Everton has touched you, nothing will ever be the same' springs to mind.So watch this space as far as Landon goes.it is looking good though:).
Now.Rodder's.I spoke to Jack 2 weeks ago with regards the Man Utd speculation and asked him for his thoughts (i'm sure iv'e mentioned this before so,apologies in advance if I have:D).He has told those in authority at the club that he 'Is happy here and has no intentions of moving'.I mentioned the fact that no matter what he says,his agent/Kenwright may have financial reasons to differ and that he needs to get things straight with his agent at the very least.I'm not sure if iv'e done right from wrong here though...£30m?its a lot of readies.When I spoke to him yesterday he was happy to inform me that he had taken the advice and laid his cards out on the table as regards his agent:D(have I done the wrong thing?please dont hate me...I mean well!:huh:).So it looks as though Landon will be staying a while longer,if its down to him.Rodders loves it here and the same goes there too.A MASSIVE thanks to 'Nashy' for his matchworn? gloves.Cheers Carlo.Top Banana ;).I hope this has been of interest to you all.Tom

Last edited:
Can this be translated into American? Was this a personal conversation with Donovan?

It all depends on what happens with the MLS players union. If the MLS season goes on as planned I think Donovan is back day one. Some of you guys don't realize how much Donovan loves LA. He is 28 and could have been playing in Europe all of his life but instead chose California.

I think he says nice things about staying but his family is here in LA. His house and dogs(unless he took his dogs with him) are here in LA.

Can this be translated into American? Was this a personal conversation with Donovan?

It all depends on what happens with the MLS players union. If the MLS season goes on as planned I think Donovan is back day one. Some of you guys don't realize how much Donovan loves LA. He is 28 and could have been playing in Europe all of his life but instead chose California.

I think he says nice things about staying but his family is here in LA. His house and dogs(unless he took his dogs with him) are here in LA.

It was a one to one senario.He didnt do well in Europe at all but has hit it off here big time and knows it.I was interviewed by ESPN (USA) while stood with Landon just last week and he had the same opinion then as now.He wants to stay...Simples.He has felt wanted here at Everton.A feeling he has NOT has Anywhere else.Including L.A.Galaxy.
Living in L.A. must be fantastic.No doubts there at all, the weather here is about as reliable as a Benitez formation but,the weather or Doggies are not usually a deciding factor in where a player wants his career to progress.I'm sure that Landon would fetch Spot & Butch over here if he felt it important enough.-L.A. is but a flight away for family,sunshine...as is Benidorm my friend.SAHA's family are in France,His home is in France.His Friends are in France.His Career...is here!Are you a Blue by the way?

Last edited:

Oh.there's no such thing as 'American' by the way.Its English!:p

It was a one to one senario.He didnt do well in Europe at all but has hit it off here...big time and knows it.I was interviewed by ESPN (USA) while stood with Landon just last week and he had the same opinion then as now.He wants to stay...Simples.He has felt wanted here at Everton.A feeling he has NOT has Anywhere else.Including L.A.Galaxy.
Living in L.A. must be fantastic.No doubts there at all as the weather here is about as reliable as a Benitez formation but,that the weather or Doggies are not usually a deciding factor in where a player wants his career to progress.I'm sure that Landon would fetch Spot & Butch over here if he felt it important enough.L.A. is but a flight away for family,sunshine...as is Benidorm my friend.Are you a Blue by the way?

Is there a video you could post?

Trying to get my Brother-in-law to find me a copy when shown in the USA.he's in Boston.The chat we had was personal and for informative purposes for the Boys & Girls of this site only.Such is my love for Dannys site:D.Sorry.

but,the weather or Doggies are not usually a deciding factor in where a player wants his career to progress.
That is exactly what I am saying though. For Donovan that is what it has always been. Donovan has always been a weird cat. Most players would have stayed in Europe but other things have mattered more than soccer.

It will definitely be interesting to watch what he does.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxt98Rx5sOo[/media]

That is exactly what I am saying though. For Donovan that is what it has always been. Donovan has always been a weird cat. Most players would have stayed in Europe but other things have mattered more than soccer.

It will definitely be interesting to watch what he does.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxt98Rx5sOo[/media]

Your right!Here's to Landon staying :D

I think Moyes and Sir Alex are kind of buds so I really can't see Utd tapping Rodwell up.

Its Chelsea, City and Rodwell's agent that you have to worry about.

Simple in concept, but details are tricky. Under the transfer agreement, Donovan is expected to come home on March 15th to get ready for the LA Galaxy's opening match on March 27th.

But a likely scenario is that there is still no collective bargaining deal on March 15th. If it's like every other labor negotiation, it will not be decided whether there will be games on March 27th until March 20th or maybe even March 26th.

So someone in MLS front office likely needs to make a decision on bringing Donovan back on March 15th before the labor situation is even settled.

I would guess they will take a hard line on Donovan and bring him back because they will not want to admit that the season could be postponed.

Given the thread title, the subject isn't exactly what I was expecting, but great news (if true) none the less.

When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about the apparent bond that these two may have. I loved seeing Rodwell pick up Donovan after the 2 goals he had a part in yesterday. Both of them know lots of rumors are spreading about them, but both of them also seem to be LOVING every minute of their time in blue at the moment and I hope we can keep this team together for a while longer.

Also, another side note, but Donovan seems to have bulked up. He was sporting some "guns" yesterday that I don't remember ever noticing before. Guess the coaching/physical side of the english game may have him thinking a little more about strength and not just stamina when he is working out now.

I dont think you're a wum, so however naive this may be, i'm going to believe you.

YAY

Oh.there's no such thing as 'American' by the way.Its English!:p

I don't understand half the stuff said on this board! There are definitely different "dialects" of our language at play here. :lol:

I think with Landon, you guys need to realize it's not really up to him. It really is up to Bruce Arena & Don Garber, his MLS team manager & the MLS commissioner. His contract requires him to return, so if any changes are to be made, it would have to go through those two gentlemen, not Donovan.

Chalk up another person here that would like to see him stay at Everton though. ;)

Rodwell's a stud. I think he's yours as long as he doesn't get too greedy

Status
Not open for further replies.