2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 40 games under his belt will be better than 10-15 sub appearances for us.
No it wont. He's had 96 appearances at senior level, 55 of them at Everton, which is a lot for somebody only just turned 21.

Game time isnt high on his priority to develop his game. He needs one to one coaching on his areas for improvement, he needs to play with and against the best players to learn and he needs to be challenged.

If he plays a season in the championship he learn how to score against second level defenders and come back as effective as Abraham did for Swansea.

He'll prabably get 20+ apoearances here including maybe half a dozen starts which is probably about right. If he develops as we hope he'll get more.

The only training this lad has done for the past 12 months, is receiving hoofs from young mate Jordy, and occasional diagonal balls which swirl from ole mate Rooney.

With such balls, Doms been competing with Tubby Williams, Jags and Mori in his way. It's a wonder he can't shoot. Ronnie and BFS have told him not to worry about actual finishing, and worry about somehow bringing the ball out of the sky, back into the deck.

A new coach and new coaching should clean this nonsense he has been forced to do up. Has some mint attributes to become a good target man, but seems as if scoring doesn't come naturally to him. Again, needs coaching, and a style which doesn't involve competing with centre halves for trying to rip a ball out of the skies.

It’s no surprise he looks miles better for England than Everton considering they can actually play football.

This.

The lads forehead was getting sunburnt every game he started for crying out loud.

The castigating of our young players makes my blood boil,
The players have had to try to perform under the tutelage of two very negative managers over the last few years,in a poor formation,with very little help from senior professionals.
These lads get slaughtered week in week out,by divvies who’ve probably never kicked a ball in their lives.
Imagine taking the time out of your day to do this,embarrassing.

The castigating of our young players makes my blood boil,
The players have had to try to perform under the tutelage of two very negative managers over the last few years,in a poor formation,with very little help from senior professionals.
These lads get slaughtered week in week out,by divvies who’ve probably never kicked a ball in their lives.
Imagine taking the time out of your day to do this,embarrassing.

Yeah, imagine using an Internet forum about football to talk about football. Absolutely mad. At what age can you start saying you don't think a player is a good enough?

Yeah, imagine using an Internet forum about football to talk about football. Absolutely mad. At what age can you start saying you don't think a player is a good enough

Do you really think he’s been played to his strengths?
Do you think he’s been played in his preferred position?
Been given adequate service?
Is fair to expect a young inexperienced player to play upfront on his own?
If the answers no to any of the above,he shouldn’t be getting slagged.

His biggest asset is using his strength/pace to chase down lost causes, so we probably have been playing the type of football he does well in. I've not seen anything that tells me he's ready to be involved in intricate build up play anyway.

Young players are like the rest. Some you rate and some you don't. With your approach we'd have every player from the academy here until they're 24.

No it wont. He's had 96 appearances at senior level, 55 of them at Everton, which is a lot for somebody only just turned 21.

Game time isnt high on his priority to develop his game. He needs one to one coaching on his areas for improvement, he needs to play with and against the best players to learn and he needs to be challenged.

If he plays a season in the championship he learn how to score against second level defenders and come back as effective as Abraham did for Swansea.

He'll prabably get 20+ apoearances here including maybe half a dozen starts which is probably about right. If he develops as we hope he'll get more.
That’s it in a nutshell, good post I was going to use the Abraham analogy myself. All this “needs a loan “ stuff, yet nobody ever suggests who to or what it will do for him, apart from minutes at a lower level. He’s still very much learning his trade, and needs to do so with us actually working on his weakness’s etc.
Quite rightly he’s got to convince people , including me, that he is or can become a regular goalscorer in the PL . He’s clearly not going to be our number 1 striker next season , but he’s shown he has potential, it just needs developing further.

His biggest asset is using his strength/pace to chase down lost causes, so we probably have been playing the type of football he does well in. I've not seen anything that tells me he's ready to be involved in intricate build up play anyway.

Young players are like the rest. Some you rate and some you don't. With your approach we'd have every player from the academy here until they're 24.
Off the top of my head he had the lovely 'Cruyff' assist for Sigurdsson vs Huddersfield and was involved in the build up for Rooney's vs Newcastle which was a decent goal.

Off the top of my head he had the lovely 'Cruyff' assist for Sigurdsson vs Huddersfield and was involved in the build up for Rooney's vs Newcastle which was a decent goal.

provided the assist for the first goal of the season against Stoke - great cross

provided the second assist of the season with that pass into Rooney

Finished the season with four PL goals and seven PL assists. Eight goals in all comps.

Needs to improve, but ffs, he's not doing bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.