2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me. Been a fan for a good while. He's fast, good first touch, brings others into play, has confidence to try flicks and tricks with his first touch.

I could see it in the Anfield Derby last season, he played well then and is always a nuisance. He has 3 goals and 3 assists this season already and even now, after his Man City performance, I can't believe he didn't start any of the following 3 league games.

He has to start on Saturday and I'll say it and probably be mocked, but Harry Kane was being loaned out all over the shop at his age. This lads style isn't too dissimilar.

I'm not saying he'll get near that level, but he's definitely, as he always has been, is worth persevering with. Great head on his shoulders too.

Deffo see some similarity with Kane. This season he has been stronger and starting to add goals and assists.

Not for me. Been a fan for a good while. He's fast, good first touch, brings others into play, has confidence to try flicks and tricks with his first touch.

I could see it in the Anfield Derby last season, he played well then and is always a nuisance. He has 3 goals and 3 assists this season already and even now, after his Man City performance, I can't believe he didn't start any of the following 3 league games.

He has to start on Saturday and I'll say it and probably be mocked, but Harry Kane was being loaned out all over the shop at his age. This lads style isn't too dissimilar.

I'm not saying he'll get near that level, but he's definitely, as he always has been, is worth persevering with. Great head on his shoulders too.

I've said the same from his 1st game. Even when played out wide he offers more threat than that fanny Mirallas. He's strong, willing to work his socks off, good touch & intelligent.

Totally agree. Needs to give us a chance by changing his name to something else, by deed poll.
SEVEN syllables ffs!
All I can think of that rhymes with Lewin is "spewin'" or
brewin'.

A storm's a brewin
Comes Calvert - Lewin
Goals he'll be spewin'
'There's a blue in
Calvert-Lewin'

Really impressed by how confident and clinical his two finishes were. Bodes well.

Just need to give the lad time. Hopefully most fans can now see what Koeman saw -- there is a player in there. But he's young so he'll have bad games and make mistakes.
Totally agree with this but considering how often our experienced players have bad games and make mistakes I don't think anyone should be too harsh on him when he does.

I think he will be a more than adequate replacement for Lukaku. Why? Cos he looks capable of scoring against any team, in the bottom half of the table
From the fact that he scored the winner in the u20 WC final and got an assist at the Etihad, I get the impression he's not overawed by the big occaisions. Time will tell but I've got a good feeling about this lad.

If you're trying to make him a song you'd be better off finding out what his middle name is and using his initials to the tune of FEAR by Ian Brown, nothing else will work.

Ok so it turns out it's Nathaniel, you could just chant DNCL to the tune of FEAR.

Last edited:

Thought he was a bit like a rabbit in the headlights last year, but had a soft spot for him because he seemed like one of them lads that was made up he'd fulfilled a boyhood dream. No arrogance at all

But since the summer he has come back as a totally different player, his off the ball running and awareness have improved dramitically and he certainly can finish. Those calling him Danny Cadamateri 2nd can go jump off a cliff into hell

Thought he was a bit like a rabbit in the headlights last year, but had a soft spot for him because he seemed like one of them lads that was made up he'd fulfilled a boyhood dream. No arrogance at all

But since the summer he has come back as a totally different player, his off the ball running and awareness have improved dramitically and he certainly can finish. Those calling him Danny Cadamateri 2nd can go jump off a cliff into hell

Anyone comparing him to Danny Cadamateri needs to start watching a different sport.

They're two completely different types of player, plus I shouldn't imagine young Dominic will be giving his lovely girlfriend a slap anytime soon either, a la Cadamateri.

Totally agree with this but considering how often our experienced players have bad games and make mistakes I don't think anyone should be too harsh on him when he does.

but in 2 full league appearances, every man and his dog decided that Niasse was [Poor language removed]?.......Shouldn't that rule apply to all not the few?

Hope gets a good run of games starting up front. Maybe Koeman was waiting to get the hard run of fixtures out of the way so the lads confidence wasn't ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.