2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Its normally accepted that Goal of the Season means the best technical goal either individually or teamwise. A stunning strike that makes ya go Wow or a great passing move finished off well at the end. Apart from it being a clincher in a derby i dont think many people would rewatch it go Wow and claim it was a goal of the season contender in any GOTS comp.

Its normally accepted that Goal of the Season means the best technical goal either individually or teamwise. A stunning strike that makes ya go Wow or a great passing move finished off well at the end. Apart from it being a clincher in a derby i dont think many people would rewatch it go Wow and claim it was a goal of the season contender in any GOTS comp.

I've rewatched it about 900 times mate

With only a year left on his contract if someone offered us $20 million for him i think i'd do the deal. Would go down as pure profit for PSR.
Who would you replace him with for that sort of money? Im not necessarily disagreeing but none of the options we have in the squad are good enough/ready yet so replacing him may be a lot harder than giving him a new contract(If thats what he wants).

This was clearly Dom's best goal and also our goal of the season.

A perfectly timed interception and a composed, deft one touch lob over the 'keeper.

The position we're in - I'd rather lose him for nothing and keep him next season to help us stay up, than sell for that now.
Feel the same, would be very tempted to keep and hope to get him to sign a contract mid-season if the on / off field position improves.

Even though I love Branthwaite, I'd back Dyche (and Tarkowski) to be able to bed in a decent CB replacement without too much difficulty. At his best what DCL gives to this system is very hard to replicate and losing DCL would be more risky.

But everyone's got a price I suppose. For me though, if Iwobi was 22m in a similar contract position it's 30 bare minimum for DCL.

Feel the same, would be very tempted to keep and hope to get him to sign a contract mid-season if the on / off field position improves.

Even though I love Branthwaite, I'd back Dyche (and Tarkowski) to be able to bed in a decent CB replacement without too much difficulty. At his best what DCL gives to this system is very hard to replicate and losing DCL would be more risky.

But everyone's got a price I suppose. For me though, if Iwobi was 22m in a similar contract position it's 30 bare minimum for DCL.

We've averaged 41 points the last 3 seasons.

Small margins, lose that focal point/baseline of goals and it could be the difference between going down.

Even with his worst run of form in his career last season, he still contributed in a way I don't think Beto, Chermiti or Maupay can.

That performance vs Liverpool - a few of them a season is massive.

The position we're in - I'd rather lose him for nothing and keep him next season to help us stay up, than sell for that now.

Depends on the money. For the 20 million mentioned above, I agree. Gaining 20 million and losing PL revenue would be one of the dumber decisions we've ever made, and that is saying something.

Depends on the money. For the 20 million mentioned above, I agree. Gaining 20 million and losing PL revenue would be one of the dumber decisions we've ever made, and that is saying something.

He's worth more to us, than to buying clubs IMO. We'd need silly money to manage the risk in replacing him. £35m gets us another Beto and Chermiti.

It happens, players down at the bottom you can't be sure you can replace. Sigurdsson at Swansea is the first to come to mind.

This is totally logical.

However i suspect footballing wellbeing decisions are well down the list of priorities if 10s of millions are down on the table this summer.

My worry is Moshiri will pocket everything he can this summer, to save himself having to invest anything and not have to worry about next May as he will be hoping to be long gone.

That's what got us in this mess we are in, not selling players when they have one year left when there is a chance they won't be resigning. Club finally made the correct move in selling Iwobi last summer. Look at all the players who have left us for nothing when there contract runs out.