2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Look at the Covid season, unplayable. He just needs to be surrounded with world class talent.
Maybe a proper good CF had scored even more than DCL did surrounded with such talent? IMO DCL struggles now because the squad we have now is not strong enough to carry a below average quality CF.

Why is it that we have no interest from the top teams for him? When we have quality players breaking through at Everton, we usually dont get to keep them very long. Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Lescott, Branthwaite soon, all attracted huge interest and big money bids from elite clubs. Why is that not the case with DCL?

Scoring/creating goals and not missing good chances every week would be a start.

Again, no one expects him to be smashing 20 goals in a season, but any decent Premier league striker should be getting 9/10 goals minimum. He'll end up on about 5 or 6. That is a terrible output.
V Palace, overall he delivered an impressive performance, dominating a very impressive 17 aerial duels during the match. He displayed a clear determination to drive Everton forward, yet his efforts were frequently hindered by insufficient support from the midfield. He missed a couple of chances as did others but that is a team wide problem at present - outside of this thread.

V Palace, overall he delivered an impressive performance, dominating a very impressive 17 aerial duels during the match. He displayed a clear determination to drive Everton forward, yet his efforts were frequently hindered by insufficient support from the midfield. He missed a couple of chances as did others but that is a team wide problem at present - outside of this thread.

Nar mate he didn't, he won a few Headers and that's it.

Excuses this feller gets is on a whole new level to what I've ever seen

I suppose that depends on your view of what he should be doing. As I say, my view is that he's not a fox in the box, and that he should be doing what he has always done: holding the ball, linking play, and winning aerial duels. To be fair to the lad, he is generally doing that very well.

It seems the issue apparent in this thread is that some have decided he should be doing things outside of his normal game, the things he has always done for us
Might as well stick Michael Keane up top then if we're not bothered about the strikers chipping in with a goal.

Might as well stick Michael Keane up top then if we're not bothered about the strikers chipping in with a goal.

Scoring goals is apparently extra curricular and “outside of his normal game” (he’s a centre forward)

It’s now considered unreasonable to expect a centre forward to chip in with goals and it’s the responsibility of his team mates instead. His job is to stand up front and flick long balls on to no one. Not bad for multiple tens of thousands of pounds per week if you can get it.