2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

James Garner replies to the GOT bedwetters.

“It is a concern if you are not scoring goals, as goals win games, but it is not just the strikers who we should be relying on to score goals,” said the 22-year-old. “We need to be chipping in from all places. But it is a bit of a concern if we are not putting the ball in the back of the net when we should be.”

Dyche needs to do the lad a favour and take him out of the starting 11 for a few games. bring him on as a sub with less pressure and hope something falls for him.

"not just the strikers who we rely on to score goals"

well ultimately yes it is, you should rely on your attackers to score goals, doucoure has, think harrison has 1 goal more this season??

they all need to do better, but a lot of wham that really.
Spot on mate, a decent team relies on goals coming from the back and the middle and support for the front which we aren't doing. It is why the nappies are full, but I am with you here, they all need to do better.

What I love about Dom is his ability to take a touch, draw a defender out of position, winning headers etc. I seem to remember him doing this so well against Palace last year home. But, something has changed with this style of play. He doesn’t seem to be doing this a lot anymore but also, Haaland one on one, tucks it away from 20 yards. DCL one on one hits the keeper from 15 yards, I do suppose that’s the difference.

It’s not just the palace game .. to get the right to play in a decent team with decent service , you have to show that you are worth signing.. he hasn’t , because he isn’t very good
People put forward this argument that he's the best we have based on their own impression of Beto coming on with 10-15 minutes left chasing a game.
I honestly can't understand it. He hasn't had a chance to do anything, and at bare minimum you have to grant him all the same excuses everyone uses for DCL (bad team, awful service, isolated. Etc) so if that's all true for DCL it's true for Beto.
I also don't buy this argument that Dyche sees them in training and he knows best. I only need point to Ashley Young starting and playing the majority of the last match to show why that argument falls flat.
Beto may not be better than Dom, I'll conceded that I have no proof to indicate he is, but he should be given a run of games to see if he might be.
We haven't won in 8 games and Dom hasn't scored in 20. I really think we have to at least try something different.

Spot on mate, a decent team relies on goals coming from the back and the middle and support for the front which we aren't doing. It is why the nappies are full, but I am with you here, they all need to do better.
No nappies wet it wasn’t acceptable for maupay to not score, same goes for DCL he’s fit now no excuses other than he’s not very good. I do agree goals should come from elsewhere but if not we can rely on our number 9 right? Oh wait.