2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The whole shape of the team changes when DCL plays. He chases balls down, he can hold the ball up, he can head the ball, he can control the ball ... the whole team can play 20m further up the park because of him. Part of the reason our defence is doing so well is when they play the ball out, they have a target who can hold on to things and bring other people in. I can't believe people still find ways of criticising the team after four great wins on the bounce.

1 guilt edge chance, the Newcastle 1 was the only glaring miss.

Hes not clinical in front of goal, thankfully he offers us vastly more than goals.

Hes involved in the majority of the goals we score, whether in the build up or making runs to open up space, but hey, some people only look at goals scored.
Some people have hated him from the moment he signed for Everton and will grasp at any and every opportunity to prove themselves right.

You don’t understand Neil

People said he was rubbish and would never make it here 8 years ago and they have to keep feverishly finding excuses to have a go at him, because otherwise they might have to admit they were wrong

He could score 30 goals in a season, win the golden boot, win our player of the season award and score goal of the season, and you’d still get the usual suspects pointing to that one chance he missed as proof as to why he’s not good enough

It’s the internet, idiots gonna idiot, what can you do? 🤷‍♂️
If only I'd read your post before making my own. I could have just liked yours and saved me 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

It was a very good save from the Keeper.

People acting like hes missing 10 chances a game.

View attachment 238825
Right. Haaland misses the most big chances because he has the most opportunities to boot them. Nunez misses them because he's rubbish. I haven't seen enough Villa or Chelsea in the last two seasons to have an opinion on Watkins and Jackson.

Everyone else on that list is just doing normal focal-point-attacker things.

Can’t remember people posting that. But I mean in the last euros he was literally Harry Kane’s back up
All that shows is the absolute paucity of talent among English strikers. You can be somebody's understudy while being nowhere near their class. This is a perfect case in point. He's a good lad and he's ours. He is what he is: decent. I'm happy he's fit.

Right. Haaland misses the most big chances because he has the most opportunities to boot them. Nunez misses them because he's rubbish. I haven't seen enough Villa or Chelsea in the last two seasons to have an opinion on Watkins and Jackson.

Everyone else on that list is just doing normal focal-point-attacker things.
Dcl would be useful squad player for most premier league sides. Would be a decent understudy for haaland imo.

The whole shape of the team changes when DCL plays. He chases balls down, he can hold the ball up, he can head the ball, he can control the ball ... the whole team can play 20m further up the park because of him. Part of the reason our defence is doing so well is when they play the ball out, they have a target who can hold on to things and bring other people in. I can't believe people still find ways of criticising the team after four great wins on the bounce.
More goals and he would be world class.