2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Does he just choose not to then?
No, it really is that he can't finish. I think that goal a couple weeks ago was that first he scored outside the box. He's really really good at just about everything to be a top class striker except being even average at finishing. Give him Ollie Watkins finishing ability and he'd be a top 5 striker, even higher maybe. Dom really is poor at finishing.
There's a difference between a bad finisher and a streaky one. Much of the forum (including me) was all over him for bad finishing early in his career. He hit a couple streaks, and the tune changed. Then he had the injuries, and the tune changed again.

His number of minutes per goal is a touch better than Duncan Ferguson's, and considerably better than Clint Dempsey's. I don't know what more it is you all want, besides 'stay healthy' in addition. We are not in a position to keep someone who scores all over the shop for long, and reloading at the position is incredibly difficult. Arsenal's joint top scorers are level with Doucoure on five. McTominay, of all people, is level with Doucoure as United's top scorer. If those clubs can't get what you want, even with all the money in the world to throw at the problem, it might be wise to recalibrate expectations a bit.

A few of those goals deflected off his arse from a yard out. I'm not sure he has the most natural technique to be a good finisher, I don't think he knows himself where abouts in the goal his shots are going to go.

One thing I would say though is, though the service to him in the air that season under Ancelotti was excellent - I do think he's a decent finisher in the air, and if we keep the aerial service coming he'll score more than a few headers
Hello score on out of five chances with his head.

He's that poor.

Hles had a lot of service over the years and to only score in 1 in 4 games is a poor return.

There's a difference between a bad finisher and a streaky one. Much of the forum (including me) was all over him for bad finishing early in his career. He hit a couple streaks, and the tune changed. Then he had the injuries, and the tune changed again.

His number of minutes per goal is a touch better than Duncan Ferguson's, and considerably better than Clint Dempsey's. I don't know what more it is you all want, besides 'stay healthy' in addition. We are not in a position to keep someone who scores all over the shop for long, and reloading at the position is incredibly difficult. Arsenal's joint top scorers are level with Doucoure on five. McTominay, of all people, is level with Doucoure as United's top scorer. If those clubs can't get what you want, even with all the money in the world to throw at the problem, it might be wise to recalibrate expectations a bit.
Yeah but that's not right is it? He's had clear cut chances he hasn't converted. I get being streaky and snatching a chances but if you see him one and one with a keeper how much do you expect him to score? Because he rarely does. A streaky person would still actually score the bread and butter headers when they're clear cut open headers

And I say this knowing full well he will score today. Look I'm not saying he's crap, I'm saying he's excellent at everything other than finishing. He still adds tremendous value to the team even when he doesn't score.

Instinctive finishers find the corner of the net. Ian Rush, dare I say it, was typical of this.
DCL’s shots that are on target tend to be straight at the keeper. He’s an average slotter