2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can agree he’s maybe not as good or effective solely as a striker but in a team there’s more to a game than scoring goals admittedly we need goals so IF Dom was 100% fit and firing I’d have Dom but as it is I’d happily keep maupay in the team over Dom now, no guarantee we will get the Dom of 19/20 20/21 which also had more creativity in the team in them seasons. So to use unequivocally is preposterous we can all use big words have you ever got the countdown conundrum?

You seem offended I used the word unequivocally but then used preposterous yourself?

Calvert-Lewin and Patterson: we need in January a proper replacement for each. Neither Maupay nor Coleman are adequate for the rest of the season.

IMO Calvert-Lewin wont play again all season. Patterson will be out months...and a lad getting two major injuries after about 15 senior games in football doesn't make me think he'll be a long term option for us.
You literally have no evidence to back those things up. Huge assumptions to make. (And yes I know its your opinion)

How much do you think it's Dominic Calvert-Lewin or Patterson's fault that they're injured, and how much is on the club?
There's no "fault" on the part of any player who gets injured - unless they are neglecting their fitness in some way (or ignoring consensus scientific advice, such as refusing a vaccination that can reduce the risk of illness). Patterson and DCL appear to be very unlucky - or there is something off in the club's training regimen. Sometimes, however, somebody's body or mind may simply not be cut out for the rigours of modern professional football. That's not to blame somebody - it's a simple statement of fact. Whether that applies in these cases is debatable. It's up to the club to make a judgement call in such cases.

I’m hoping the psychological benefits of playing with better players with more positive system might help with fitness levels for DCL.
I’m sure playing with the previous dirge in midfield and limited chances to score felt quite negative, let’s hope once back, the better coaching and manager and improved team mates create a positive stimulus to stay fit,

Status
Not open for further replies.