2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
While hes definitely talented, regardless of whether its injuries or a lack of desire to play, theres no point in us keeping him anymore. Unless we can only get a few million for him, I think we are best off selling him and buying a CF who can truly be relied on, and a team built around. Injuries and availability are just a reality of sport.

While hes definitely talented, regardless of whether its injuries or a lack of desire to play, theres no point in us keeping him anymore. Unless we can only get a few million for him, I think we are best off selling him and buying a CF who can truly be relied on, and a team built around. Injuries and availability are just a reality of sport.
His transfer fee would be negligible now, I think if we sold him tomorrow say between 5 and 10m. No one will invest heavily in a player that plays a handful of games per season.

Another Mirallas. Can’t stay healthy long enough to build up any momentum. It’s a shame but once the injuries start to pile up you begin to question whether they can handle the intensity of the league week in and week out. Not his fault but we have to prepare for the worst

Listening to Dyche’s post match comments I can’t help but think he will look to “listen to offers” for DCL.
I think we have to listen to offers for DCL. I am not sure how much we could get

I don't think we can risk going through another season not having a proper No. 9 that fits into our system
Realistically is any serious club going to be bidding for a player who has had 2 seasons of consistent injury problems and is currently out again with another injury? Either nobody in their right mind will touch him or someone tries to take a punt for a very low fee which doesn't really do anything to add to our transfer budget. Far from ideal either way.

This really, treat the times he's fit as a bonus rather than a necessity.
And if we're surprised at his availability, and he finds scoring form then we finally have some squad depth up front. But assume he won't be playing for any actual transfer decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.