2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we learned two things:

1) There is no "fully fit" DCL. All the work and patience to get him right and he only lasts a handful of games. At best he's likely to be a sporadic player, I don't know what else can be done, it's obviously chronic.
2) He isn't getting sold this summer, no matter what happens, no one is taking a chance, certainly they are not matching his wages. We have to hope he can contribute something in the Championship if we go down, enough to help us come back up or playing enough for us to sell him in January or next summer. But if things continue as they are I'm not sure if he ever signs another contract as a footballer, certainly not a top level one. Who would take a chance?
Today suggests he is finished.

Patterson has to be worried about his future too. No robustness there at all. Not cut out to be a professional footballer if you lack that.

I think we learned two things:

1) There is no "fully fit" DCL. All the work and patience to get him right and he only lasts a handful of games. At best he's likely to be a sporadic player, I don't know what else can be done, it's obviously chronic.
2) He isn't getting sold this summer, no matter what happens, no one is taking a chance, certainly they are not matching his wages. We have to hope he can contribute something in the Championship if we go down, enough to help us come back up or playing enough for us to sell him in January or next summer. But if things continue as they are I'm not sure if he ever signs another contract as a footballer, certainly not a top level one. Who would take a chance?

The only team stupid enough to sign someone like DCL would be us. No one else is going to even consider it. During last summer, squad planning should've taken place on the basis of him not playing a game.

His career at the top level is finished....Smells of when Owen's hamstrings went.

Personally think that's it for him and any notion of him playing for a top team is gone.

In his head he'll blame the club for all this.

Should have buried that header today. Would have been a good send off. As much as he is a focal point up front he still doesnt score enough. Its because we are so short of options that goes under the radar a bit.

Today suggests he is finished.

Patterson has to be worried about his future too. No robustness there at all. Not cut out to be a professional footballer if you lack that.
They showed a slow mo of that just after it happened and he hardly twisted either. Id be concerned if I was him, he seems really weak.

IMG_2574.jpeg

Didn't see today's but his injuries before have all been like "yep that's an injury" challenges etc.
He turned to move out the way of a challenge and just went down, I do feel for Patterson he was clearly frustrated and was bashing the ground in anger, been a tough year for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.