2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if Rondon wasn’t there who would be the next man up for the bench today? There’s no one. Rondon is poor but at least he is available for matchday squads, and like he did against West Ham, can give you some effective hold up play late in a game. There’s clearly no future relying on Dom so I have no idea why we’d get shot of Rondon.

…we lack options but there are options ahead of Rondon. Let’s not forget, Lampard didn’t even select him before Maupay arrived.

As many predicted here, the dcl gamble is not paying off. Not getting that attacking option during the window leaves us with essentially only a couple of alternatives in attack. Poor considering the 5 changes we can make this season. Let's hope maupay stays fit until the world cup and then get that attacking player ready on January 1st.

So on Thursday at his presser Lampard was considering him for today, but it’s clear from training vid / gallery he’s not been in training and now he’s not even made the squad? Strange stuff.

So on Thursday at his presser Lampard was considering him for today, but it’s clear from training vid / gallery he’s not been in training and now he’s not even made the squad? Strange stuff.
To be fair you could sense from how Lampard responded that DCL wasn't going to be in the squad.

More to do with keeping the opposition on their toes id say.

…wouldn’t be ‘criminal’ at all. Rondon is totally ineffective.

I don’t disagree with you that Rondon isn’t the level but we have seen him come on in the first few games of the season and offer an outlet. If we don’t have DCL I think he could do that job in the last 10 mins if we are winning or chasing a goal.

Don’t get me wrong I hope to god that he is gone by the end of Jan and replaced with someone who can be relied on much more than that but right now, we need anyone we can get for numbers up front

It’s evident that a forward is needed, this feller isn’t the answer and, apart from a couple of months of Acellotti in charge, he never has been. If we could get the forward line right it’s the first time I can remember where Everton would have a strong back four, midfield and attack.

Someone would take a punt on him.

It's a big old market oot there and clubs like Bournemouth, Nott Forest etc with cash on the hip would be all over a punt at £30 millions for a high profile England senior international striker.

Getting him fit to flog him is the challenge.
It's for this content that makes you one of my top 3 forum posters.

Anyway, DCL, it's a wory he's spent a lot of time out with soft tissue injuries. I'm hoping we're purposely not rushing him back so he can get right.

I do admit to getting increasingly worried that he'll go the way of Oxlade-Chamberlain. Just kept picking up niggle after niggle and it effected him psychologically. I'll try and find the interview where he discusses his injuries, but he indicated some resulted from him trying to 'protect' the original injury and changing gait or running style.

Status
Not open for further replies.