2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on Thursday at his presser Lampard was considering him for today, but it’s clear from training vid / gallery he’s not been in training and now he’s not even made the squad? Strange stuff.
Nothing strange...the guy is injured end off...problem is the club has made such a deal of not signing attacking players because they have dcl that it leaves no other option for lampard to continue with the narrative of him being closer...

Nothing strange...the guy is injured end off...problem is the club has made such a deal of not signing attacking players because they have Dominic Calvert-Lewin that it leaves no other option for lampard to continue with the narrative of him being closer...
is that the problem yea?

The simple fact of the matter is that we've moved on from him. Not just because it's enforced, but because we're not going to be swinging all kinds of crosses into the box and serving his needs if he ever did get back. We are beginning to find a footing in dominating midfield battles and we need a player with great movement ahead of that.

He's defunct for us. We need an attacker who can come short for the ball and link up with the midfield and carry the ball - someone who can take goals and assist others.

Belting ball after ball into the box for Calvert-Lewin to maybe convert one every third game is not the future for FL's team.

The simple fact of the matter is that we've moved on from him. Not just because it's enforced, but because we're not going to be swinging all kinds of crosses into the box and serving his needs if he ever did get back. We are beginning to find a footing in dominating midfield battles and we need a player with great movement ahead of that.

He's defunct for us. We need an attacker who can come short for the ball and link up with the midfield and carry the ball - someone who can take goals and assist others.

Belting ball after ball into the box for Calvert-Lewin to maybe convert one every third game is not the future for FL's team.
Blah, blah, blah, clueless take, blah, blah.

Moved on my anus, when he returns, the amount of egg on faces will be enough to make a million omelettes.

But seriously, his injury record is a major concern, his ability is not up for debate, hes an elite number 9, he leads the line and he scores goals.

The only thing defunct are your views.

6vdxja.jpg

Moved on my anus, when he returns, the amount of egg on faces will be enough to make a million omelettes.

But seriously, his injury record is a major concern, his ability is not up for debate, hes an elite number 9, he leads the line and he scores goals.

6vdxja.jpg

Brendan if he does never play then he does never become elite.

We've moved on. If we had even Che Adam in we'd be moving more in the direction of what Frank wants to see up front. DCL is too one dimensional.

He'll be scouring the market looking for an Ings type. Not top quality, but one who takes up threatening positions and can link up on the deck.

I've seen the future of Lampard's Everton and there's no place in it for a player like Calvert-Lewin.

We've moved on. If we had even Che Adam in we'd be moving more in the direction of what Frank wants to see up front. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is too one dimensional.

He'll be scouring the market looking for an Ings type. Not top quality, but one who takes up threatening positions and can link up on the deck.

I've seen the future of Lampard's Everton and there's no place in it for a player like Calvert-Lewin.
41001-Abraham-Lincoln-Quote-Better-to-remain-silent-and-be-thought-a.jpg

We've moved on. If we had even Che Adam in we'd be moving more in the direction of what Frank wants to see up front. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is too one dimensional.

You could sling that mud at Gana too...but his one dimension completes the other 2.

3D, the new, hip football philosophy. Do one, Pep.

shocked-man-in-3d-glasses-eating-popcorn-at-home-picture-id1087587154

and you genuinely think, really genuinely think Dom doesn't do that!? lol

you're the gift that just keeps on giving lol

Apples and pears.

How can we say we've moved on from Gueye?!

The only thing that should move you on from a solid player is them wanting to move on. Finding players who are genuinely good (compared to their peers) at some aspect of the game is tougher than it should be...to me, 80% of them make it in the game solely because of stamina and an ability to follow direction, nevermind specific aspects of the game or skill/intelligence. Again, this is all opinion based on peer comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.