2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

So even back during his Ancelotti seasons if I go back on the forum I’ll find posts of yours still saying sell him he’s crap?
I think he is limited. He is a 6 yard box goal scorer. If he goes through one on one he will rarely score. He also can’t strike the ball cleanly from outside the box. Despite these limitations I suspect he would be well suited to Dyche and certainly made a decent showing in the Arsenal game. I was hopeful he would be ready to go after the break but that now looks unlikely. As @davek says we almost need to forget about him at this stage and treat it as a bonus if he is ever fit. There can be no new contract. Fortunately it appears we have found a way of operating with Demari that poses a few questions to the opposition although far from ideal

I was in the ‘give him time to get properly fit camp‘ but tbh my patience is running thin now. There’s always some set back just when you think he‘ll be properly involved again.
It does make me wonder if there is more to it. Him and Dele Alli won life’s lottery, living out most people’s dreams, but for one reason or another they just can’t sustain it and enjoy it. Such a waste of talent.

It takes what it takes, injuries can be complicated, he/we are doing the right thing, if he doesn't feel right, then best trust his judgement. If it's his mental health and that's a massive if, then that takes time as well, you'll never get 100% out of somebody who has bad juju going on upstairs.

I can understand how being out for so long is effecting him upstairs but still only speculation, I have no clue what's going wrong. I just hope he is back soon. If he can get his shooting boots and match sharpness up, he'll make a massive difference.

I also think he adds another dimension in defence as well on set pieces. Whether you're of the view everyone should be back or not is another debate but he's a good asset in the air both ends which we don't have without him,

Like to believe Dyche is playing mind games. However, given his age don't think the lad will ever be consistent withplay time over 20 matches, just not built for football.

Status
Not open for further replies.