2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to aid Liverpool. I think that's stranger.

Nothing is stranger than wanting the team you supposedly support, to lose. Even more so because of the confidence you display about the RS having no chance of the League, and you still want a loss. That’s even weirder. I want what’s best for my team, a win v City, imagine the confidence we would gain from that going into Xmas. Can’t get my head around your mentality. Especially so early in the season, your confidence in them having no chance & them being 4pts behind Chelsea. ‘Weird‘ is an understatement

Nothing is stranger than wanting the team you supposedly support, to lose. Even more so because of the confidence you display about the RS having no chance of the League, and you still want a loss. That’s even weirder. I want what’s best for my team, a win v City, imagine the confidence we would gain from that going into Xmas. Can’t get my head around your mentality. Especially so early in the season, your confidence in them having no chance & them being 4pts behind Chelsea. ‘Weird‘ is an understatement
As I stated above - they shouldn't be encouraged to try and make a fist of it.

No contradiction.

some Evertonians enjoy Liverpool winning stuff. There’s fans of a certain age group who, probably beaten down by relentless childhood mocking from Liverpool fans, like to look all cool and hipster by how little they’re apparently affected by any other team. They oddly hate all our best players like Lukaku Stones Cahill Pienaar yet seem to get weirdly cult like about the odd few like Baines Fellaini or Siggurdson. They’re the sort of fans who moan at routine wins at home but love the ‘limbs’ if we score a consolation free kick in a loss at some away ground like Wigan. They’ll argue all day as to why Calvert Lewin isn’t very good, but then will idolise some rubbish player from the 90s that they probably didn’t even see growing up. Mainly they want to be seen to be on the ‘right’ side of the football narrative so meekly align with what the media are pumping out ‘Gerrard should be England captain’ ‘Klopp is best manager in the world’ ‘Salah is best player in the world’ ‘Alonso is the best midfielder in the world’ ‘Pickford took out Van Dijk on purpose’

They’re a strange breed but they 100 % exist. It’s like unless Everton are being managed by a Limpar Baines dream team playing in the Danka 95 away kit and only winning games through free kicks or long range worldies they’ll never be content. It’s like they’ve grown so used to hating Everton that they’ve started liking Liverpool.
Out of curiosity, while you were writing this, did you know it was a load of drivel, or were you unpleasantly surprised when you read back the final result of your fingers flailing over the keys, semi independently of any conscious or rational thought that might have been trundling through your brain?

There are people who tend to ‘legendise’ players who won f all and critique the current squad, but then in 10 years will legendise the ones being critiqued today.
Some live in the past and could be more supportive of the today.

Yes I would.

And the only thing 'strange' here is an Evertonian being relaxed about Liverpool winning the league.
This Evertonian is more concerned with Everton winning matches, not Liverpool losing the league. Loser mentality that wanting to be a buffer team for City and Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.