2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would you be happy to see Liverpool snide their way to a title with our help?

Exactly.
There are 18 other teams in the league so why would we give up 12 pts to maybe stop Liverpool winning the league?! Ridiculous notion. If they win it, they win it. Better if we finish as high as we can. Would you actually be in any way disappointed if we somehow snagged a win v city at the weekend because its 3pts from one of Liverpool's title rivals? Strange af that

I'm hoping we are competitive but lose by the odd goal.

I'd donate the 12 points against Chelsea and City this season to the opposition and hope to take 3/4 points off Liverpool. That way we'd have done our bit to prevent them being in a title race.

They aren't good enough to win the league but that's no reason to encourage them.
Eh?

How can you support Everton and not hate Liverpool?

It's like having Yin without Yang.

…’hate’ is a very strong sentiment when it comes to football. I dislike them lots.

Getting back on theme, I like DCL lots. I think he’s a fine player on the pitch and a terrific representative of the club off it. I am a little concerned that he’s suffered a big leg muscle injury as these can then impact a players career. Something the club needs to monitor despite how highly we rate him.

There are 18 other teams in the league so why would we give up 12 pts to maybe stop Liverpool winning the league?! Ridiculous notion. If they win it, they win it. Better if we finish as high as we can. Would you actually be in any way disappointed if we somehow snagged a win v city at the weekend because its 3pts from one of Liverpool's title rivals? Strange af that
Yes I would.

And the only thing 'strange' here is an Evertonian being relaxed about Liverpool winning the league.

Can never understand the logic in sacrificing 12 points to two teams, to stop another team getting ahead, at a likely costly expense to our own club’s position
If we were capable of competing for a top 4 spot then it might be considered illogical. But we aren't capable of that, so seeing Liverpool disadvantaged is entirley lofical.

Status
Not open for further replies.