2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can slot them, he’s just more consistent in the air than the ground. Another game and he gets a hat trick
Harry Kane does not slot every chance .,.....more this needed for his 3rd chance very unlucky with his 2nd chance the keeper beatensat on it somehow.....,.
He gets on the end of stuff that's promising imo.....

Missed a similar one in the same fixture last year…lots of great attributes and very important for us… but he scores that 1v1 and we likely win the game…hopefully he can step up to another level again.

I’d love for him to start chipping the keeper when tight like that. I don’t recall any of his past goals where he has done that.

I think we all agree that he fluffed the chance when all that was needed was a composed dink seeing as the keeper had all the goal on the floor covered.
The encouraging thing is he is getting a good few chances in the opening games with the way we have approached the games.
Good penalty, did well to get a foot to his other chance that the keeper saved and he knows he should have done better with the one on one.
He also had a half chance with a header but it was too much into the ground. Chances aplenty only bodes well for us as a team. Nice to see.

I expect him to lead the league in headed goals by a wide margin with Gray, Townsend, and Digne whipping in crosses this season.

I must say criticism for that 2nd chance is a bit over the top. Meslier is super quick and spreads himself massive there. Even dinking it over would have been solid.

People say he can't finish then complain when he doesn't do a really difficult finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.