2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say criticism for that 2nd chance is a bit over the top. Meslier is super quick and spreads himself massive there. Even dinking it over would have been solid.

People say he can't finish then complain when he doesn't do a really difficult finish?

I would imagine in those situations the striker feels like they should score, and the keeper feels like they should be able to keep it out. They're basically 50/50s (maybe 60/40s with Dom) and the keeper won this time.

If Dom chips him in that situation, we're all saying what a great finish it was. The implication being that they're not exactly easy to score.

He needs to improve in those situations, but most strikers don't score some of the goals he does so it balances out.

I would imagine in those situations the striker feels like they should score, and the keeper feels like they should be able to keep it out. They're basically 50/50s (maybe 60/40s with Dom) and the keeper won this time.

If Dom chips him in that situation, we're all saying what a great finish it was. The implication being that they're not exactly easy to score.

He needs to improve in those situations, but most strikers don't score some of the goals he does so it balances out.

Yeh that's what I'm getting at; if he scored there it would be a brilliant finish which he's not known for unlike some other strikers. On the flipside not many strikers get their head to the goal last weekend.

I don’t think you will see much improvement. He has some great qualities but lacks the composure and technique in 1v1. We will have to learn to live with it

Yes no one on here patcually his doubters ignore the positions he takes up should do merit over the keeper, but ran Leeds ragged situation sore for too - great pen too......

Played well but takes one of them 2 chances at 2 1 we win the game. Hes improving but a way to go to push us into that next level

Status
Not open for further replies.