2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what good is that when he technically lost us 2 points.? He finishes those chances and we win the game.
You could say the same about Doucoure and Keane, surely? It's disappointing that he didn't score more and yes it'd have made a win more likely.

However, I am not going to start jumping on his back when he's scored two in two and there were other issues (Keane for example) who cost us points.

You could say the same about Doucoure and Keane, surely? It's disappointing that he didn't score more and yes it'd have made a win more likely.

However, I am not going to start jumping on his back when he's scored two in two and there were other issues (Keane for example) who cost us points.
It’s not just this game tho is it. He misses chances all the time. If he’s 1v1 with the keeper, bet on the keeper.

Like I said in the match thread, the chance from the Iwobi ball, the keeper makes himself big and cuts the angle, for me the chance he should have taken better was the near post on from Gray’s ball

It’s not just this game tho is it. He misses chances all the time. If he’s 1v1 with the keeper, bet on the keeper.
You're right: perhaps we should look for someone better so let's sell him and buy someone to replace last season's top striker and our current top goal scorer.

While I do think he should have scored again and could improve in some situations, I try to look at the positives - his goal scoring tally is testament to them.

Like I also said, you could twist it around and say if Keane didn't make his mistake then he wouldn't have had to score again, so who 'technically' lost the points?

Status
Not open for further replies.