2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear that the lads having an issue with Dom are doing so from a deep rooted feeling of rejection. They know that as a multimillionaire top gooser of boss birds that he will never look at them in a romantic way and are no longer coping.

I have to say that it is shocking but great fun to witness such levels of latent homosexuality on a football forum and it is obvious that the pressure has been building for some time. ??

If you're wrapping up a player in cotton wool because you're that afraid if him breaking down that you're willing to go into the season with him lacking mstch fitness - then frankly mate that's madness as he's 1. Far more likely to break down playing in a competitive match at much higher intensity vs players who are actually mstch fit thsn he is in a friendly.
2. He showed last season that when he's not match fit he's pretty much garbage in his role.

If the club genuinely are that scared of him breaking down, then we need to sell him.ss that rings all kinds of alarm bells at how fragile he must be now.
He won't lack match fitness. He's got 90 mins total under his belt and hopefully will play on Friday. Gray is in the same situation...

Last season he was also in a team that simply had no ability to create chances. In fact the only good chances I can think of that we created for him in the run-in was the one he hit against the bar against West Ham then when he scored v Palace. Wasn't like he missed loads of sitters.

It's absolutely madness for you or anyone else to think selling our only striker is a good idea in the same window we've sold Richarlison. That is quite literally all of our goals gone, and we aren't exactly an attractive proposition right now to all these 20-goal a season strikers that people seem to think grow on trees.

But, we absolutely do need another forward to come in.

I think the worrying thing is that the club do still have concerns, although leaving him out of friendlies is clearly the right thing to do. If he is picking up little knocks during pre-season then he could well pick them up during the higher intensity of competitive matches.
I don't know what the injury precaution was other than it was precautionary mate.

Gray was kept out on Sunday too, as a precaution.

Hopefully both are back for Friday.

Anyone who cant see that obvious fact has just been pulled in like mugs to his 'personal back story' like some Britain's Got Talent punter.

The lad is a pisstake. Stinks the gaff out all season, but comes up with a crucial goal and rides it for all its worth with some sob story about having 'issues' last season...the only issue he had was being a lazy usless Tyke.

Sell.
That's pathetically low even for you. Go and post the comment in the mental health thread. You wouldn't dare to.

Please explain how he has "ridden it for all its worth"?

That's pathetically low even for you. Go and post the comment in the mental health thread. You wouldn't dare to.

Please explain how he has "ridden it for all its worth"?

His issues weren't mental health they were physical injuries. FFS, talk about trying to weaponise mental health. You're doing that not me.

I'm afraid that says more about how pathetic you are mate.

You need to be handing apologies out here, caped crusader.

If you're wrapping up a player in cotton wool because you're that afraid if him breaking down that you're willing to go into the season with him lacking mstch fitness - then frankly mate that's madness as he's 1. Far more likely to break down playing in a competitive match at much higher intensity vs players who are actually mstch fit thsn he is in a friendly.
2. He showed last season that when he's not match fit he's pretty much garbage in his role.

If the club genuinely are that scared of him breaking down, then we need to sell him.ss that rings all kinds of alarm bells at how fragile he must be now.
Dont use language like that in relation to their little prince mate, you'll be accused of being an abuser of mental health...as I just was.

His issues weren't mental health they were physical injuries. FFS, talk about trying to weaponise mental health. You're doing that not me.

I'm afraid that says more about how pathetic you are mate.

You need to be handing apologies out here, caped crusader.
Dave, please stop digging this hole.

I know it's cool to be anti-woke, but don't come at the lad over this. His struggles are well documented and it takes great courage to admit what he did.

This isn't a fight you can win and retain decency.

Dave, please stop digging this hole.

I know it's cool to be anti-woke, but don't come at the lad over this. His struggles are well documented and it takes great courage to admit what he did.

This isn't a fight you can win and retain decency.

No idea of his troubles. And Ilm not looking for a fight either. I'm genuinely sorry for him.

But the DCL comments weren't relating to that. The issues are all physical. Well documented ones. WTF do I know about any other kind?

No idea of his troubles. And Ilm not looking for a fight either. I'm genuinely sorry for him.

But the DCL comments weren't relating to that. The issues are all physical. Well documented ones. WTF do I know about any other kind?

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin says "talking saved my life" in an emotional statement about his struggles with mental health this season.

He said he had to "dig deep" and "endured some of the most difficult times" of his life and career.
The England international was out with injuries for much of the campaign but his goal against Crystal Palace ensured Everton's Premier League survival.

"The love and support helped carry me through," Calvert-Lewin said.

"One thing I learned this season is that everyone in whatever walk of life is fighting battles you know nothing about, and there is no shame in finding someone to talk to and being open and honest with yourself about how you really feel.

"To all the young kings suppressing emotion I advise you to talk, to a friend, family member or someone that will listen, talking saved my life."

Calvert-Lewin missed four months between August and January with thigh and toe injuries, and after returning was hampered by further issues during the rest of the season.

In total he scored five goals in 17 league games in 2021-22.

"I have had to dig deep within myself at times this season and have endured some of the most difficult times of my career and my life to date," he said.

Speaking about the benefits of talking during his struggles, he added: "It will make you realise things are never as bad as they seem, and you'll discover that the paradox of true strength is being able to face your weaknesses."

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin says "talking saved my life" in an emotional statement about his struggles with mental health this season.

He said he had to "dig deep" and "endured some of the most difficult times" of his life and career.
The England international was out with injuries for much of the campaign but his goal against Crystal Palace ensured Everton's Premier League survival.

"One thing I learned this season is that everyone in whatever walk of life is fighting battles you know nothing about, and there is no shame in finding someone to talk to and being open and honest with yourself about how you really feel.

"To all the young kings suppressing emotion I advise you to talk, to a friend, family member or someone that will listen, talking saved my life."

Calvert-Lewin missed four months between August and January with thigh and toe injuries, and after returning was hampered by further issues during the rest of the season.

"I have had to dig deep within myself at times this season and have endured some of the most difficult times of my career and my life to date," he said.

Speaking about the benefits of talking during his struggles, he added: "It will make you realise things are never as bad as they seem, and you'll discover that the paradox of true strength is being able to face your weaknesses."
Who refers to someone's physical injuries as their 'personal back story'.

He is so transparent.

The only time I've ever read stuff on this and responded to it was when he stated a few months back: “It didn’t quite happen when I came back. It was my first experience of a long spell out, the biggest battle was the mental one, I found myself in some dark places. But I can confidently say Im in a better position, physically to help and score goals.”. All to do with the loss of form.

What can I say? I dont pore over every article the lad does and know his personal life. If he;s finding it difficult then that's terrible for him. What do we do with any criticism of him as a player though? Just not comment on him and leave to stink the place out when he does so? Maybe you can offer some guidance on that?

The only time I've ever read stuff on this and responded to it was when he stated a few months back: “It didn’t quite happen when I came back. It was my first experience of a long spell out, the biggest battle was the mental one, I found myself in some dark places. But I can confidently say Im in a better position, physically to help and score goals.”. All to do with the loss of form.

What can I say? I dont pore over every article the lad does and know his personal life. If he;s finding it difficult then that's terrible for him. What do we do with any criticism of him as a player though? Just not comment on him and leave to stink the place out when he does so? Maybe you can offer some guidance on that?
Say what you like about his football, I couldnt care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.