2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick search of my posting history reveals I called @chrismpw "a bit of a crank" for complaining there were too many women and ethnic minorities in his favourite tv shows. I did this once. Sorry Chris.

I also called Glen Greenwald a crank and I'm not sorry for that.
Doesn't bother me - fortunately I'm of the sticks and stones generation. What's more, having taught teenagers for 30 years I've heard far worse!

At the end of last season we all knew that we needed a complete reset in the summer
Because of FFP we have to sell players to generate the money to bring in the money to buy player's to suit the way the manager wants to play if that includes DCL and even Pickford then so be it.
Personally 60 million for DCL is an amount we should accept .I have never been convinced by him and think he peaked as a player when we were playing in front of empty stadiums,I just don't think he has the hunger to succeed needed at the very top level.
I don't dislike the lad and I know this post will be criticised by many but something has to change or we are going down this year.

At the end of last season we all knew that we needed a complete reset in the summer
Because of FFP we have to sell players to generate the money to bring in the money to buy player's to suit the way the manager wants to play if that includes DCL and even Pickford then so be it.
Personally 60 million for DCL is an amount we should accept .I have never been convinced by him and think he peaked as a player when we were playing in front of empty stadiums,I just don't think he has the hunger to succeed needed at the very top level.
I don't dislike the lad and I know this post will be criticised by many but something has to change or we are going down this year.
There isn't a player in the squad I wouldn't sell if a decent offer came in. That includes the likes of Pickford, Gordon and Dom.
I really like DCL, he isn't by any means the problem at Everton and our team is massively weaker without him but his skill set limits our approach to games. If we sold him for say 60m+ and that money could be re-invested into 2/3 attacking options like a Broja and maybe a Belotti who's free at the moment then it would totally make sense and give us far more ways to play. My concern - as shown with the Richarlison sale is that there is no evidence this board would be able to replace Dom. And then we head into the season relying on Dele playing as a false 9 or Rondon and that's terrifying.

Only issue this boy has got is he can't play the sport. OUT
giphy-downsized-large.gif

There isn't a player in the squad I wouldn't sell if a decent offer came in. That includes the likes of Pickford, Gordon and Dom.
I really like DCL, he isn't by any means the problem at Everton and our team is massively weaker without him but his skill set limits our approach to games. If we sold him for say 60m+ and that money could be re-invested into 2/3 attacking options like a Broja and maybe a Belotti who's free at the moment then it would totally make sense and give us far more ways to play. My concern - as shown with the Richarlison sale is that there is no evidence this board would be able to replace Dom. And then we head into the season relying on Dele playing as a false 9 or Rondon and that's terrifying.
I agree with everything you say their mate.
It is very concerning the lack of activity in the transfer market, It is all well and good Moshiri saying wait and see at the end of the window but we need players in before the season starts.
Also I don't believe for one minute that we get 60 million or anything like it.Kenwright sat down with Levy at the end of June with Levy knowing full well we were desperate and had to do a deal their and then.By the time they were finished Kenwright was probably sobbing and dribbling in his soup.

Not quite the same, is it?

adjective (1) Definition of crank (Entry 3 of 5) : of, relating to, or being a bad-tempered or annoyingly eccentric person also : made or sent by such a person or by someone intending to be an annoyance or to cause harm crank calls a crank letter. crank.

If it genuinely upset you, I apologise, and will refer to you as merely annoying from now on.
A crank = Common synonyms for crank include crackpot and kook.

You went after a poster on here a couple of times calling him a crank and gaslighting him that he was thought a crank by others.

Own it.

I see some are now trying to hide behind the closet door. Too late lads, the secret is no longer a secret.

It might help if you start a thread in the Ale House with pictures you have taken of yourself trying to look like your boo, Dom in his photo shoots. You'll feel better for it and we will think better of you too. Dom would too.

The love will return once the season starts and our blue hero starts banging them in. Just wait til he thumps a monstrous header into the Gwladys St end whilst air guitaring in mid air to Spirit of the Blues - there will be wet undies AOTS.

I know it was blackpool. But was the movement(even taking into account it was Rondon) more beneficial to the team as a whole with no calvert lewin.

Why are we obsessed with selling the very few players who score our goals? I’m not taking the “we can get 60mil for him and spend it on a goal scorer” we have spent 100s of millions trying to replace Lukaku and haven’t come close.

I get that DCL isn’t the same level as Rom, but he’s the only player left that could get into double figures. We would be making ourselves even more at risk of going down if we sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.