2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane is by far the better player but he’s playing rubbish and rightly getting subbed. The weird thing is bringing on Rashford so you have three tricky fast players up top and lose the focal point for flick ons and hold up play. DCL is great at that, feels like Southgate is just bringing on Rashford because he’s a big name rather than to help the system.

Kane is by far the better player but he’s playing rubbish and rightly getting subbed. The weird thing is bringing on Rashford so you have three tricky fast players up top and lose the focal point for flick ons and hold up play. DCL is great at that, feels like Southgate is just bringing on Rashford because he’s a big name rather than to help the system.

Southgate is a guy that has played enough Football Manager and FIFA to think he can be a manager.

'Well, DCL is only an 82 and Rashford is a 91, so...'

Criticism of him has devolved into basically "he's not Lewandowski", because there's no valid criticism of him left.

A fantastic young player that has developed perfectly over time, but he upsets the old fellas because of how he handles himself off the pitch.

what age do you class as an old fella?

He won’t get a minute in this tournament unless they are 3-0 nil down in their next game, then he can take the blame from the media for not getting any goals.
I feel sorry for him but England will get nowhere and at least if he doesn’t play he can’t take any stick.
Danny Murphy will be chomping at the bit if he sees DCL getting ready to come on, like the salivating idiot that he is.

Is it the old fellas who are against him. I'm a old fella and I've supported him throughout.
Yeah I'm 49 and the same. The people Ive noticed at the match or on here jumping on him at every opportunity look / feel like the younger generation to me. If hes a bit of a divvy on social media I wouldnt even know, or care, and I'm guessing most my age or older would be the same.

It actually winds me up anyone having a go at him, I'd say hes our best player and biggest asset. Without giving it a great deal of thought have we ever bought anyone where the difference in transfer fee and what he would be sold for is any bigger? Obvs inflation etc but still....

And as for people saying we should cash in on him are you insane? Firstly a regular goalscorer is the hardest and most expensive type of player to find. Why sell one who youve got under contract for all his peak years? But more importantly have you not paid attention to our recruitment for these past years? 'Cashing in' on Dom would be akin to a compulsive gambler whos run up debts selling his house to try and win back what hes lost. Its just a terrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.