2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane has just scored 33 goals in 49 games for Spurs. A goal every 1.45 games. DCL got 21 goals in 39 games. That's a goal every 1.85 games.

Both very impressive stats but if that means Kane is goosed then DCL has no chance.

Kane only needs another 95 Premire League Goals to over take Alan Shearer and at nearly 28 years old he has the time to do it.
Stats & more dammed stats Kane is playing with injury - very ineffective missed a sitter last night if DCL had done that this thread would be in melt down with his detractors....

Kane has just scored 33 goals in 49 games for Spurs. A goal every 1.45 games. DCL got 21 goals in 39 games. That's a goal every 1.85 games.

Both very impressive stats but if that means Kane is goosed then DCL has no chance.

Kane only needs another 95 Premire League Goals to over take Alan Shearer and at nearly 28 years old he has the time to do it.

That post just proves that stats don't tell you the whole story. For a start how does Kane's fitness affect DCL's?

Kane is obviously struggling with an injury, a fully fit Kane would have to start no question, but watch the games so far, he's a passenger. He can barely run, and last night there were a lot of balls thrown in to the box, some decent ones as well and every time he was standing behind the defender and didn't once make an effort to get in front of them to challenge for the ball. A fully fit Kane, attacks some of those balls and tries to find himself space. Kane of last night is just there in name only, trying to get through the game.

Most strikers aren't very good when only half fit, as you need to be sharp and move instinctively.

I just hope Dom's time with the national squad hasn't disheartened him. He may be regretting getting the call up if he's just making up the numbers.
Must be boring the tits off him.

Lads he’s not even that good honestly I swear to you lmao I’d drive him there me self for that money lmao the state of yers

4ECA9E85-FE27-44C7-99B2-1596516CD59C.jpeg

He won’t get a minute in this tournament unless they are 3-0 nil down in their next game, then he can take the blame from the media for not getting any goals.
I feel sorry for him but England will get nowhere and at least if he doesn’t play he can’t take any stick.

…I imagine he was very aware that he’d get little or no game time unless Kane got injured.
Fully appreciate that statement but it seems that if Kane gets injured Southgate would rather bring one of the back up keepers on.
At least he'll be back at Finch Farm next Wednesday morning relatively refreshed.

I've a feeling Dom will be sent on in a desperate last move when England eventually go out. A little like Taylor sending on Alan Smith for Lineker in Euro 92. And Southgate will get slaughtered for it.
Isn’t there a famous bit of film where the commentator says there’s no striking options on the bench whilst the camera pans past Shearer?

Status
Not open for further replies.