2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a striker to go straight into the first team. Dom's done well for one half of one season, he can do A job, but I don't think he can do THE job. And I'm just not sure where Richy can play well, he's a good player, but most certainly not what I'd call a striker. I'm not calling for heads here, but we do need a better first choice than Dom, for sure.

We need a striker to go straight into the first team. Dom's done well for one half of one season, he can do A job, but I don't think he can do THE job. And I'm just not sure where Richy can play well, he's a good player, but most certainly not what I'd call a striker. I'm not calling for heads here, but we do need a better first choice than Dom, for sure.
Who?

Are you saying you don't think we could get better than Dom?

....whilst we should always strive to get better, I think DCL is currently highly sought after. All players have dips in form, what we don’t have is an effective option.

Not sure about finding better, I think we could more easily find lots worst. DCL will do fine for me.

....whilst we should always strive to get better, I think DCL is currently highly sought after. All players have dips in form, what we don’t have is an effective option.

Not sure about finding better, I think we could more easily find lots worst. DCL will do fine for me.
I like him, and like I say, he is useful. But how long has he been here? and he's had one half of a good season. I'm not sure you can say he's having a dip in form, I'd say this was his usual form, and that it's the good half of a season that is more likely to be the anomaly. He's a great header of the ball, but you cannot play to that one strength all the time.

I like him, and like I say, he is useful. But how long has he been here? and he's had one half of a good season. I'm not sure you can say he's having a dip in form, I'd say this was his usual form, and that it's the good half of a season that is more likely to be the anomaly. He's a great header of the ball, but you cannot play to that one strength all the time.

....I disagree that he’s only had ‘one half a good season’. He’s a focal point who contributes when he doesn’t score. I guarantee every CB in this league hates the thought of playing against him.

I also disagree that he’s a ‘great header of the ball’. His amazing physicality gets his head on the end of crosses but he still needs to control his headers (Cahill, Ferguson, Sharp were terrific in the air), just like he needs to control chances he has with his feet.

Honestly, we‘re the envy of lots of clubs having DCL. Ancelotti will want to build a team around his best talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.