2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane is far better in every aspect of football.
Kane is indeed the best centr forward in the PL. DCL is - granted in my opinion - close to him. DCL doesn't have the support that other forwards gey and very often in on his own in the opposition half. He is an excellent defender as well and is probably the fastest out of all current no 9's in PL. He isn't the finished article yet - but will only get better. I do agree he needs another type of striker to complement his style. Someone busy with quick feet - that Jota would have been a good fit.

Where are you getting 6 years from? He's 3 years older.

When he was DCLs age he was smashing in 29/30 league goals. Something DCL won't ever get near
4 of Kanes goals were penalties. DCL doesn't take pens. Not that much of a difference at similar ages. Still think Kane is better but not like DCL isn't a good player. Esp if he continues improving.
Screenshot_20210424_181226_com.pl.premierleague.jpg

4 of Kanes goals were penalties. DCL doesn't take pens. Not that much of a difference at similar ages. Still think Kane is better but not like DCL isn't a good player. Esp if he continues improving. View attachment 125193

I like what you did there. Pick the one season where he scored the least amount of goals, and not pick the season when he scored 29 and then 30 league goals when he was DCLs age

Where are you getting 6 years from? He's 3 years older.

When he was DCLs age he was smashing in 29/30 league goals. Something DCL won't ever get near

lol

It seems like Kane has been around forever, and that Dom has just started! Didnt realise they are only 3 years apart.

I guess not being as good as Kane doesnt make DCL poor is my take.

I like what you did there. Pick the one season where he scored the least amount of goals, and not pick the season when he scored 29 and then 30 league goals when he was DCLs age
He was DCLs age in the season I chose. And I chose that season as he has similar appearance numbers. In the 30gl season he had 10 more appearances and some of the goals were pens again. So stand by what I said. Still time for DCL to hit close to 30 gls esp as our sqaud improves and I think he will get close in his time here for sure. I'm not worried about CF, I think he's a great forward and will only get better.

Haha nar that's what I'm saying like as I think kane is one of the world's best strikers so won't be many on his level!

Said earlier to eggs, he just doesn't do it for me. Think we have had far better strikers over the years than him

Haha nar that's what I'm saying like as I think kane is one of the world's best strikers so won't be many on his level!

Said earlier to eggs, he just doesn't do it for me. Think we have had far better strikers over the years than him

I rarely watch us live, and I dont bother watching MOTD if we have lost, so I probably aint the best judge of any player. That said, I have always been quite happy to defer my opinion of a footballer to @Eggs . If he rates him, thats fine by me.

lol

It seems like Kane has been around forever, and that Dom has just started! Didnt realise they are only 3 years apart.

....and they are different types. I know they are both strikers but it’s a little like comparing apples to pears.

Kane is a brainy footballer, much more composed than DCL. He can come deep and play as a no10 and he’s also a terrific finisher. Kane hits a ‘heavy ball’, he’s capable of scoring all types of goal.

DCL is lots about physicality, pace power. Kane would love to have that physicality. I don’t think he’ll ever be as prolific as Kane, but he’s capable of getting on the end of things that Kane can’t. DCL also has quality on the ball and he’s progressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.