2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had the one clear cut chance in the first half which he has no excuse over because he had time.

Richarlison should've squared to him after he was sent through by Gomes but chose not to after previous trying to find him when he was actually the best shooting.

I don't remember him getting anything near the support or supply in the 2nd half which sadly made him redundant for 30 mins.

Just wasn't his night unfortunately

You must have forgotten the chance at one nil. Easier to miss which unfortunately he did.

He's gone back to what he is, a 1 in 5 striker. That's pretty good, and certainly good enough for him to play in the Premier League, and probably as a backup striker for a top 8 team. However, it's not good enough to be the main striker at a club that is in Europe every year.
That’s it in a nutshell. If we don’t bring in a quality goal scorer during the summer then we are in for another season of mediocrity.

That’s it in a nutshell. If we don’t bring in a quality goal scorer during the summer then we are in for another season of mediocrity.

I don’t think that’s a given

there’s just as much chance both of our young attackers hit form for a good chunk of next season and that, combined with their own natural improvement and hopefully being backed by better players allowing us to attack more fluidly, may see them fire more often.

I think it’s overly dismissive and negative to just look at the bad form and presume that’s what’s going to happen

I think it’s overly dismissive and negative to just look at the bad form and presume that’s what’s going to happen
Would say it's more realistic to be honest.

He's had two good two month spells in about 3/4 years in the first team where he has looked a good striker, other than that he's just a bog standard work hard and cause problems without the goals striker ( the prem is absolutely littered with them )

He really needs to put more hours in on 1 v 1s because it's a huge huge weak point for a striker looking to be a 20 goal striker. However I think any other night we don't have both strikers having mares, just one of those nights in front of goal.

I’ve made it clear from day one I’m not a lover of DCL but the fact he plays for Everton means I’ll always want him to bang in 5 a game. I wouldn’t lose any sleep at all if he was sold and I’ve said this last season and season before etc. I don’t like his attitude in games. If he isn’t getting a ball six yards in front of goal he offers nothing to this team. Richie puts himself about, defends for the team and at least is a week on week team player. I believe Dom is the type that is happy to score in a 2-1 defeat. His ego off the pitch with all his poncy pictures is now worse with all his England pictures.
I don’t think there’s any harm at all in sticking him on the bench next game and giving him a 30 minute burst.

Give it a rest Joe , he had an awful game last night and wasn’t even trying second half, if you can’t see that then I feel sorry for you.
I feel sorry for you blaming our leading goalscorer, and as long as you are biased agaianst DCL in an unfair way you will not deny me the right to post against your unfair comments on him please talk me through Rhico misses on the Richarliton thread - that header a blatant sitter plus his petutulance over that freekick .....
It was you who tagged me in the match thread on DCL ......so you give it up .....
If you look at our goal a great move all round DCL slid in just fractionally missed it, but had the nous to get back onside like lightning fast otherwise that goal would have been given offside .....
Both of our strikers should have scored two each last night Rhico could and should have had a hattrick.....but you have to blame DCL you were not on the forum thread early on in the season when he was on fire with a goood midfield?
So our defeat was all his fault I find that pathetic by not just you but others jumping on the bandwagon......when another striker missed more chances ......

Status
Not open for further replies.