2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is he doesn't look half as good without Richarlison, and Richarlison came out at the start of the season and said he promised Carlo "one more season". Where does that leave us?

Sure we'll have a wedge to throw at a replacement next summer, but we'll be lucky if they can strike up as good a partnership with Dom as Richi has.

Going to be a big ask, but hopefully the money we get for Richi can be used to get a striker, right back and goalkeeper without us needing to put our hands in our pockets any deeper.

We should, at a minimum, double our money on Richarlison, so that's one positive, I suppose. I'll be gutted when he goes, but that's what he said, "one more season", and unless we're finishing top four I can see no reason why he'd want to stay any longer when many, many better teams will be in for him.

I really like his interviews. Always articulate about his and the teams performances and he's always spot on.

Said after the game yesterday that the 3 points was the most important thing, but stressed that we didn't play well enough in the second half.

Luckily United have a batch of good young English strikers of their own, their priorities are defensively. City is the one that’d be most likely to be looking at a new striker out of all of them.
I don't know why but I honestly can't see City interested in him at all. I think they are looking at the Lautaro Martinez and Haaland's, not DCL.

If reports are to be believed the club wanted £140mill for Richarlison and at least £80mill for DCL and that was before his form this season!

Yes. I think the club will rightly demand £150m for him. Imagine how many goals this lad would get if he got the service of a Kane, a Rashford or a Vardy?

Yes. I think the club will rightly demand £150m for him. Imagine how many goals this lad would get if he got the service of a Kane, a Rashford or a Vardy?

Well he obviously is getting quality service because all his goals are penalty box strikers finishes. With Richarlison and James in the side we have two of the best providers in the league for DCL and he gets plenty of chances.

Last edited:
Well he obviously is getting quality service because all his goals are penalty area strikers finishes. With Richarlison and James in the side we have two of the best providers in the league for DCL and he gets plenty of chances.

He does but the lads behind him, and from right full back are not as good. Sigurdsson et al are not great providers.

He does but the lads behind him, and from right full back are not as good. Sigurdsson et al are not great providers.

When Sigurdsson plays we don’t create chances full stop, because he stops the midfield functioning. You’ve also got Digne whipping in crosses from the left that are usually on the money. I think it’s safe to say he has a better supply line than Vardy, and probably Rashford who has Fernandes and that’s it.

The problem is he doesn't look half as good without Richarlison, and Richarlison came out at the start of the season and said he promised Carlo "one more season". Where does that leave us?

Sure we'll have a wedge to throw at a replacement next summer, but we'll be lucky if they can strike up as good a partnership with Dom as Richi has.

Going to be a big ask, but hopefully the money we get for Richi can be used to get a striker, right back and goalkeeper without us needing to put our hands in our pockets any deeper.

We should, at a minimum, double our money on Richarlison, so that's one positive, I suppose. I'll be gutted when he goes, but that's what he said, "one more season", and unless we're finishing top four I can see no reason why he'd want to stay any longer when many, many better teams will be in for him.
Richarlison isn't the only left wing in football that would work well with Dom it's just that he's the only one currently in the Everton squad

Richarlison isn't the only left wing in football that would work well with Dom it's just that he's the only one currently in the Everton squad
True. I think we’ll have to prepare for life without Richarlison soon enough, unless we hit stellar form this season and get into the CL. I’d be hoping he stays if we get into the Europa League but the lure of a big CL side will be hard to resist.

If we can keep getting service to DCL he’ll bang them in regardless.

If reports are to be believed the club wanted £140mill for Richarlison and at least £80mill for DCL and that was before his form this season!
If Everton had better players than Sigs, Delph and yes Davies in the middle Everton could challenge for a top 4 with Rich and Lewin in the side.

They need a Zaha in the side

Status
Not open for further replies.